The Department of Public Instruction Division for Libraries and Technology, Public Library Development team, would like one or two SLIS students to assist in a library evaluation project. This is your chance to put your Research Methods skills to work!
This paid position involves working with a professional research company to evaluate the current Library Services and Technology Act (LSTA) Five Year Plan for Wisconsin (2013-2017).
Job responsibilities may include:
– Conducting semi-structured phone interviews with Wisconsin public librarians
– Conducting one or two focus groups with Wisconsin public librarians in a location near you
– Assistance in coding interview data
– Current SLIS student (distance or campus, MA or PhD)
– Have taken a research methods course (LIS603, 710 or similar)
Contact Terrie Howe, Teresa.Howe@dpi.wi.gov