SEARCH EXTENDED: Head Librarian/County Librarian – Madison/Canby/Dawson (MN) Public Libraries
Pioneerland Library System, a consolidated regional library system located in west central Minnesota, seeks a Head Librarian with successful public library experience to direct and coordinate the activities of three smaller (3) rural libraries. Responsibilities include supervision of staff, budgeting, collection development and all other activities related to the operation and management of multiple libraries.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Experience with supervising and coordinating the work of library personnel.
• Fundamental knowledge of and experience with library science systems, principles, and procedures.
• Broad knowledge of technology and telecommunications including current trends and best practices and their application to library services.
• Demonstrated example of leadership and decision making skills/abilities.
• Excellent public relations and communications skills.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Master’s degree in library science and a minimum of two years’ work experience, including management experience in a public library. Experience with supervising and coordinating the work of a larger contingent of library personnel is preferred.
Position Open Until Filled
HOURS: Total hours between the combined libraries not to exceed 40 hours per week.
Appointment range: $46,093 – $49,900 per year DOQ. Competitive benefit package includes Minnesota Retirement (PERA).
Application Deadline: Resumes received by 4:30 P.M. Friday, September 30, 2016, will receive first consideration. Send resume, letter of interest, and employment application to: Laurie Ortega, Director, Pioneerland Library System, PO Box 327, Willmar, MN, 56201 or email to: email@example.com
For more information about Pioneerland Library System, and to access a complete job description/Employment Application, please visit our website: http://www.pioneerland.lib.mn.us
NOTE: Appointments for all PLS job positions require the approval of the Pioneerland Library Board and successful completion of background check.