The Indiana University Kokomo Library invites applications for the position of Information Services Librarian & Archivist. The IU Kokomo Library seeks an energetic, collaborative and innovative librarian to provide strategic leadership for the Library’s information services and archives. This tenure-track position is responsible for planning, managing, evaluating and promoting reference services and collections; working with colleagues to further the Library’s information literacy initiatives; creating Web content and guides for information services and archives; collecting, organizing and providing access to special collections and archive materials. A full description of the position responsibilities and expectations may be accessed from http://iuk.libguides.com/jobdescription.
One of eight campuses of Indiana University, Indiana University Kokomo is a comprehensive non-residential campus located 50 miles north of Indianapolis in Kokomo, Indiana, a city with a population of approximately 55,000. Committed to student success, the campus serves approximately 3,100 students from a 14 county area in north central Indiana. IU Kokomo has approximately 260 faculty and staff. Associate, Baccalaureate, and Masters Degrees are offered. Additional information about Indiana University Kokomo can be accessed at http:/www.iuk.edu.
· Graduate degree in Library/Information Science (M.L.S. or equivalent) from an ALA accredited program
· Strong public service orientation with a command of research techniques and knowledge of reference sources in all formats
· Familiarity with integrated library system functions for access services
· Commitment to inclusive excellence with an understanding of the library needs of a diverse community
· Excellent presentation and instruction skills and experience teaching information literacy competencies
· Demonstrated ability to plan and evaluate library services
· Knowledge of systems and strategies for organizing, documenting and preserving archives and special collections
· Demonstrated ability to work productively independently and with teams
· Commitment to professional development and service in order to meet the requirements for tenure and promotion
· Availability for occasional evening and weekend work
· Minimum three years of post-MLS public service library work experience with increasing job responsibilities
· Minimum one year working in a library archives or special collections
· Supervisory experience
· Educational background in business, education or social sciences
Indiana University Kokomo seeks faculty skilled at working with members of diverse cultures and committed to preparing students to be engaged members of an increasingly diverse society.
Indiana University Kokomo is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to race, color, ethnicity, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation or identity, national origin, disability status, or protected veteran status. This institution is also a provider of ADA services.
Interested candidates should review the application requirements and submit their application at: https://indiana.peopleadmin.com. Questions regarding the position or application process can be directed to Diane J. Bever, Reference & Information Services Librarian, firstname.lastname@example.org.