The University of Wisconsin-Whitewater Library seeks an enthusiastic business reference librarian to join our service-oriented team. The Library serves a vibrant campus community with 12,000 undergraduate and graduate students in beautiful southeastern Wisconsin, convenient to both Madison and Milwaukee. The librarian will work closely with students and faculty of the College of Business and Economics which is nationally renowned for its Accounting and MBA programs.
Andersen Library, University of Wisconsin-Whitewater
Position: Reference & Instruction Librarian
Academic Staff Rank: Associate Academic Librarian (depending on qualifications), renewable annual full-time, 12-month appointment
Starting Date: January 9, 2017 (negotiable)
- Participate in information literacy for the College and Business. Also participates in the information literacy program, including subject related areas or as needed.
- Serve as liaison with the College of Business and Economics, including promoting library resources and services to the college faculty, staff, and students.
- Develop relationships with faculty and administrators to further the Library’s mission to support the University’s teaching, research and public service.
- Provide in-person and virtual reference assistance to library users across all academic disciplines.
- Assist users in utilizing print and online resources.
- Assist in general and reference collection development efforts, including identification of reliable resources on the Internet and high-quality online databases.
- Develop instructional and outreach tools including library user guides and tutorials.
- Serve scheduled hours including evenings and weekends shifts and relieve the librarian on duty at the Reference Desk during temporary schedule conflicts. Work evening and weekend on a rotational basis.
- Participate in assessment projects and an application of assessments results.
- Will be an active participant in following applicable safety rules and regulations including necessary training and drills.
- ALA-accredited MLS.
- Proficiency and commitment to information literacy.
- Professional reference experience in an academic library, including business reference.
- Expertise in using print and electronic information sources, including business and financial databases.
- Demonstrated ability using computer applications, such as Microsoft Office.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as a team member with diverse faculty, staff, and students in a dynamic, rapidly changing environment.
- Experience with business information resource selection.
- Familiarity with library integration of learning management systems.
- Experience with video tutorial software, such as Adobe Premier and Captivate.
- Undergraduate or graduate degree in business.
- Understanding of statistical analysis and willingness to learn statistical software.
- Additional technological skills, such as desktop publishing and tutorial creation.
Salary: Commensurate with qualifications and experience.
For a description of the University and Library please visit our web site at http://library.uww.edu/
The University of Wisconsin-Whitewater is an AA/EEO employer. We promote excellence through diversity and encourage all qualified individuals to apply. Names of applicants may be disclosed unless requested otherwise. Names of finalists will be released. A criminal background check is a contingency to employment and will be conducted prior to an offer of employment.
To review submission requirements and/or apply please visit https://my.uww.edu/employment/
The deadline to apply is October 27, 2016. This JOB ID is: 12387