Contact Name: Marilyn Rhodes, President
Contact Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Institution/Organization Name: UnityPoint Health-Meriter Foundation
Job Location: Madison WI
Job Title (of Vacancy): Temporary Digital Archivist
Application Deadline : Nov 10 2016
Link to Job Posting: https://sjobs.brassring.com/TGnewUI/Search/Home/Home?partnerid=25790&siteid=5083
Job Description: This individual will develop a digital repository of the historical collection of the UnityPoint Health- Meriter and Madison General Hospital School of Nursing collection. This individual will also assist with collections management, object handling, and artifact movement. The position requires object handling as it relates to digitization projects and collections management assistance. The collection includes print material, books, textiles, equipment, photographs, and other documents and objects.
• Minimum BA or BS in History, Art History, Photography, Museum Studies, Library Science, Information Systems, or related field.
• Experience in digital curation/digital stewardship.
• Experience developing procedures and standards for digital material and digitization of collections.
• Demonstrated ability to organize data and work with museum collections databases.
• Experience with scanners, cameras, photographic equipment, and computers.
• Must be proficient in the use of museum collections databases. Macintosh and Windows OS, Adobe Creative Suite (particularly Bridge and Photoshop), MS Office Suite, database software accessed locally and via the web, imaging software, scanner technology.
• Project management experience to include large and small projects and experience with workflow processes.
• Highly organized with ability to meet deadlines and manage competing priorities.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Click on Digital Archivist