Contact Name: Kerrie Goeden
Contact Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Institution/Organization Name: South Central Library System
Job Location : Madison, WI
Job Title: Data Services Consultant
Application Deadline : 11/14/2016
Years of Experience Required: 2
Link to Job Posting: http://www.scls.info/hr/
General Position Description:
The South Central Library System (SCLS) seeks a Data Services consultant to oversee data collection and analysis for SCLS member libraries; provide database authentication; and monitor library data trends. This is an exciting new position at SCLS. We generate a lot of data and we are looking for the person who loves data and is able to turn it into meaningful information for our 64 member libraries in a 7-county area (including Madison, WI).
The job posting, position description and application form can be found here: http://www.scls.info/hr/
Applications are due 11/14/2016.
Schedule 8 Hours flexible between 7:30 am and 5:30 pm M-F
The Data Services consultant will be a self-starter and great communicator who can help libraries identify their data information needs. The Data Services consultant will be an expert user of a variety of tools and will use these tools to transform our data and meet the libraries’ data information needs.
The Data Services Consultant will:
• Oversee data collection and analysis for SCLS member libraries
• Consult with libraries on their data needs
• Develop and maintain a web-friendly data tool such as a “data dashboard”
• Support access to all data resources (including library data as well as non-library data)
• Analyze data and present it in formats that libraries can use to support their services
• Monitor various library sources and other sources for new developments in data analysis
• Suggest possible directions for experimentation and development of new services for libraries
• Coordinate library staff end-user documentation and training
• Work with SCLS team members to assure best practices for reporting
• Manage the SCLS database authentication process
• Maintain database authentication scripts and systems
• Troubleshoot and contact database vendors in the cases of a service outage
Required: MLS from an ALA accredited program or Masters of Science in Statistics (or equivalent) and minimum two years relevant library or related experience required. Demonstrable experience working in data collection and analysis. Good oral and written communication skills and a sense of humor. Ability to establish good working relationships with a variety of people representing a wide range of experience and training. Ability to plan, prepare and present effective instruction to diverse audiences. Proficiency with at least one programming or scripting language, such as Perl, Python, etc. Experience with SQL and Excel.
Preferred: Knowledge of database authentication methods and tools; familiarity with bibliographic record structure; experience with Unix, SIP2, integrated library systems, APIs, data collection and analysis software.
Must be able to travel independently. Must have access to a car. Must be able to provide proof of auto insurance and a copy of a valid driver’s license annually. A flexible schedule is required. Ability to perform tasks accurately with minimum supervision. Must be self-motivated and detail oriented.
Candidates selected for an interview will be asked to make a presentation and demonstrate proficiency in scripting.
Starting Salary: $57,218.00
Application Deadline: 11/14/16
How To Apply:
Access the application form at http://www.scls.info/hr/ and attach your resume, three references, and cover letter outlining your qualifications and vision for this position. E-mail submissions to Kerrie Goeden, HR & Finance Coordinator, at email@example.com no later than 11/14/2016. Selected candidates will be contacted for an interview after the closing date. Position is available immediately after hiring process is complete.
Staff Benefits Overview Document