Contact Name: Donna Kravkovsky
Contact Email : email@example.com
Institution/Organization Name: Altus Group Limited
Job Location: Marlton, NJ
Job Title: Senior Consultant, Research, Valuation and Advisory
Application Deadline : October 2016
Years of Experience Required: 3 – 5 years
Who we are:
Altus Group Limited is a leading provider of independent advisory services, software, and data solutions to the global commercial real estate industry. We are at the centre of what drives the real estate industry and we service every aspect of the life cycle. From the purchase of land, to the direction a project takes, to the transactions needed, to ultimately selling or changing the asset.
Altus Group has a growth opportunity for a Senior Consultant within our Research, Valuation and Advisory (RVA) Group. This is a role for someone with expertise in Commercial Real Estate and Financial Analysis. Someone who wants to kick up the pace of their days, take on increased responsibility and position themselves for growth in an organization that is undergoing exciting transformation and changing the industry.
With top institutions in the country and around the globe as our clients, this is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced real estate professional to join us in valuing high-quality institutional real estate across the country, including trophy office properties in New York City in the $500 million to $2 billion range. Working side-by-side with Ruchi Pathela, Director, you will gain a 360-degree view of the industry and learn from a multi-faceted expert in the industry. If you want to increase your exposure to, and experience with large asset valuations and portfolio analytics, and take the shortened road to a Manager role, this is a phenomenal opportunity. As a dedicated resource to one of our most valued clients, you will be in a position to contribute directly to the growth of the depth and scope of our work there; to truly specialize while expanding your consulting and management skills.
There is a new challenge every day, and we empower our people to do what they need to do – with support and confidence.
Our new Senior Consultant will work with multiple prestigious clients, with over $450 billion in real estate assets under management. You will be supporting multiple business leads, working directly with the clients at various levels across multiple groups (including asset management, accounting and portfolio management teams) and reviewing the work of junior team members.
As a Senior Consultant you will gain a tremendous amount of experience and exposure not just within Valuations but across numerous areas gaining first hand market knowledge and learning through direct interaction with the clients’ asset management and investment teams.
Our Senior Consultant will:
– Conduct valuations and build financial models. You will use ARGUS Enterprise to create models, and validate and adjust assumptions in existing models based on property and market data. You will apply your in-depth understanding of key real estate fundamentals to determine market-supported values.
– Communicate with the team. You will collect and review their work.
– Write reports. You will complete reviews and reports at a rapid pace. There is never a lull here.
– Analyze valuation metrics and evaluate the clients’ fund performance against their peer group(s).
– Liaise with clients. You will reach out to the client to gather information and verify data. You may be at client sites from time to time.
– Support the Director in the review of ongoing, monthly property and portfolio valuations.
Our Senior Consultant has:
– The ideal combination of education and experience including:
– A college degree in finance or preferably in Real Estate
– Five years of experience in Commercial Real Estate Valuation, Asset Management, Acquisitions, or Underwriting
– Expertise using ARGUS Enterprise (AE)
– Outstanding communication skills. You can effectively communicate in person or in writing with clients and internal team members at all levels. You enjoy training and overseeing the work of junior team members.
– The drive to succeed. You are self-motivated and a team contributor. You have a natural curiosity that inspires you to seek insights. You are a proactive problem solver.
– Outstanding decision-making abilities. You operate with a sense of urgency but carefully assess risks. You can effectively prioritize and balance multiple priorities, gather information, consult, anticipate consequences and make decisions autonomously.
– Strong planning and strategizing skills. You excel at setting goals, meeting deadlines, creating plans and evaluating results. You see opportunities to go deeper or broader and you pursue them.
– Enthusiasm for working in a transforming environment. You thrive in a changing environment and welcome the opportunity to lead and implement growth and opportunity.
Need any more reasons to join Altus?
Headquartered in Canada, we have approximately 2,300 employees around the world, with operations in North America, Europe, and Asia Pacific. Our clients include some of the world’s largest real estate industry participants, spread across a broad variety of sectors.
Each of our five core practices – Altus Analytics Solutions, Research, Valuation and Advisory, Property Tax Consulting, Cost Consulting and Project Management, and Geomatics – embody and reflect decades of experience, a broad range of expertise and leading edge technology.
Altus Group isn’t just about the amazing work we do. We work hard to create a dynamic company culture that reflects the values of our employees and what motivates them individually and as a team. From our involvement with Ronald McDonald house in four different countries where we volunteer every September as a company to our commitment to continued learning,
At Altus, we want you to realize your potential. We value collaboration and knowledge sharing of best practices. We support professional growth and we actively seek out ideas. This is the place to present the newest research, to introduce the coolest tech, and see it come to fruition and be applied. Your work will make a difference.
Opportunity awaits – come realize your potential at Altus Group.