Contact Name: Linda Thering
Contact Email : email@example.com
Institution/Organization Name: Spring Green Community Library
Job Location: Spring Green, WI
Job Title: Library Director
Application Deadline : Nov. 25, 2016
Years of Experience Required: 3 year progressively responsible experience
Link to Job Posting: http://www.springgreenlibrary.org/
Job Description: Library Director
Spring Green Community Library
Library Board of Trustees
Hours of Work
Salaried, Full Time
Under the direction of the Library Board of Trustees, develops, administers, supervises, and coordinates the work of the Library and staff, performs managerial duties related to personnel, budget, collection development, building maintenance, and library operations and services in conformity of the policies established by the Board of Trustees and the regulations of the State of Wisconsin.
Qualifications, Education, Experience, and Skills Required
• A Degree in Library Science from an accredited college or university plus three years of progressively responsible library administration experience is preferred.
• Excellent communication skills and organizational skills
• Ability to administer the activities of a public library and to supervise the work of others
• Ability to develop short and long term development, plans, and objectives
• Maintains knowledge of standard library principles and practices, concepts of freedom of speech, copyrights, collection development, patron confidentiality, censorship, and other library ethical issues
• Proficiency with computers, popular library software, internet and digital communications
• Thorough ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with superiors, subordinates, associates, officials of other agencies, and the general public
• Plans, implements, and evaluates library services
• Develops, implements, and evaluates long and short term goals and objectives
• Develops and administers policies concerning library operations, budgets and programs
• Handles complaints in accordance with policy
• Provides supervision and delegates responsibilities to the library staff
• Recruits and recommends employment of library personnel recommends promotions, transfers, or termination of staff to library board
• Organizes, trains, assigns, and evaluates personnel and volunteers
• Conducts staff meetings
• Prepares the annual budget and presents and defends budget requests before the Library Board.
• Attend Sauk County Library Board, Sauk County Librarian, South Central Library System (as appropriate) and Friends of the Spring Green Library meetings.
• Directs and controls the expenditure of fund allocations within constraints of approved budgets.
• Purchases new equipment and furnishings
• Accepts and acknowledges gifts of money and library materials
• Pursues and applies for grant money
• Prepares monthly and annual financial and statistical reports to Library Board and the Wisconsin Department of Public Instruction (annual report).
• Attends monthly Board of Trustee meetings
• Writes a weekly library column in the Home News newspaper.
• Supervises maintenance of library building equipment, and furnishings
• Oversees equipment of furnishings and book collection
• Evaluates collection for balance and comprehensiveness
• Schedules withdrawals and inventory of materials
• Selects materials
• Cooperates with community groups and town officials to implement library services
• Oversees and approves scheduled use of library by outside groups
• Keeps informed of current developments in library field by attending workshops, professional meetings, and reading current literature
• Maintains membership in professional organizations
• Provides reference and reader’s advisory services to patrons as needed
• Performs other related responsibilities as necessary such as circulation
For more information visit the Spring Green Community Library website at http://www.springgreenlibrary.org/.
Apply by Nov. 25, 2016, with a resume and a Village of Spring Green job application, available online at www.vi.springgreen.wi.gov. Applications may be emailed to Linda Thering at firstname.lastname@example.org or mailed to:
Spring Green Community Library
230 E. Monroe St.
Spring Green, WI 53588