Systems & Metadata Librarian – 369a.1617
Polk Library at University of Wisconsin-Oshkosh
Provide leadership, vision, and expertise related to Polk Library’s shared systems, shared bibliographic data, and technologies that increase and enhance access to academic resources. Responsible for the support, management and assessment of the library’s systems and metadata initiatives. Work with faculty and librarians with their research and data management needs. Lead user testing and other assessment of technology services to ensure that they meet current patron needs and usability expectations. Participate in collegial governance and campus and professional activities. Recent graduates are encouraged to apply.
Link to site:
- Master’s degree from ALA accredited school of Library of Information Science
- Working knowledge of XML, HTML, and related web technologies
- Familiarity with MARC and metadata schemas
- Familiarity with library services, especially in an academic library context
- Strong ability to work collaboratively with others as a part of a team
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
- Experience with any core library technology systems: integrated library system, resource discovery, federated search, link resolver, proxy server, inter-library loan or e-reserve system
- Experience with user testing of software systems
- Experience with any programming languages
- Broad vision of a modern academic library’s role online
Starting Date: February 1, 2017 (negotiable)
Competitive based on experience with average from: $42,167 to $49,500. For further information on UW System salary ranges, please visit the following website: https://www.wisconsin.edu/ohrwd/download/upg/UPG04a2.pdf.
Terms of Appointment:
Renewable, academic year appointment with a 1.0 FTE
Review of files will begin November 20, 2016. All applications received after this date will be considered in a secondary pool of candidates.
How to Apply:
Please electronically send cover letter addressing all the requirements listed; resume; and contact information for three professional references to:
Mary Schneider, Polk Library
Incomplete applications will not be reviewed.
For questions regarding the position, please contact:
The University of Wisconsin Oshkosh is an Equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. UW Oshkosh considers candidates regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
The University of Wisconsin System will not reveal the identities of applicants who request confidentiality in writing, except that the identity of the successful candidate will be released. See Wis. Stat. sec. 19.36(7).
Employment will require a criminal background check. UW Oshkosh complies with the Wisconsin Fair Employment Act with regard to nondiscrimination on the basis of arrest and/or conviction record.
For UW Oshkosh campus safety / security information, see University Police Annual Report, or call the Human Resources Office at 920/424-1166 for a paper copy.