Contact Name: Damon Camille
Contact Email : email@example.com
Institution/Organization Name: University of Houston Libraries
Job Location: Houston, TX
Job Title: Director of the Digital Research Commons
Application Deadline : until filled
Years of Experience Required:
Link to Job Posting: http://jobs.uh.edu/postings/33339
Job Description: The Director of the Digital Research Commons will be a key leader in UH Libraries expansion of services for advancing the digital research productivity of UH faculty, staff, and students. Reporting to the Head of Digital Research Services, the director will manage the day-to-day activities of the Digital Research Commons. Coordinating with Libraries’ external partners, including the UH Division of Research, the Center for Advanced Computing and Data Services, and colleges, the director will contribute to faculty and student digital scholarship projects by providing services for collaboration, program planning, and interdisciplinary digital projects.
Primary duties include: overseeing Commons operations including budgets, facilities, technology, grants, projects, and assessment; coordinating with other Libraries divisions, UH Division of Research, Center for Advanced Computing and Data Services, and other academic colleges and university centers in the development, implementation, and support of Commons projects and services; collaborating with faculty, researchers, and advanced students to develop and sustain digital scholarship projects
Librarians hold academic rank pursuant to the University of Houston Libraries’ Bylaws Document. They are expected to develop a record of service, scholarship and professional involvement. The UH Libraries support the ongoing professional development of librarians and our goal is to recruit librarians committed to continuous learning.
– Demonstrated ability to manage multiple complex projects involving many stakeholders simultaneously
– Demonstrated knowledge of research and digital scholarship trends and principles
– Demonstrated project management experience
– Experience with designing, implementing, evaluating, and optimizing models for digital scholarship programs and emerging practice areas.
– American Library Association (ALA)-accredited Master’s degree
– Excellent oral and written communication skills.
– Ability to work in team-based environment, both within the Libraries and with faculty, staff, and students
– Knowledge of data mining and data visualization research tools
– Coursework or advanced degree (MA, PhD or ABD) in history, digital humanities or other humanities fields, or the social sciences
– Experience with grant writing
Salary: $76,000 to $80,000 expected hiring range, depending on qualifications.
Additional information about the University Libraries is available at: http://info.lib.uh.edu.
Applications should be submitted at: http://jobs.uh.edu/postings/33339.
Appointment to this position is contingent on the results of a completed criminal history records investigation.
Potential applicants seeking further information should contact John Lehner, Associate Dean for Resource Management, at 713-743-9801 or firstname.lastname@example.org .
THE UNIVERSITY OF HOUSTON IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER. MINORITIES, WOMEN, VETERANS, AND PERSONS WITH DISABILITIES ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.