Public Services Librarian
12-Month Non-tenure Track Librarian/Instructor East Central University, Ada, Oklahoma
Do you want to…
• Engage in a wide range of valuable professional experiences?
• Work in a collaborative atmosphere where everyone’s voice matters?
• Use your creativity and enthusiasm to promote the library and its collections?
If so, the Public Services Librarian opening at East Central University’s Linscheid Library may be a great fit for you.
• Oversee outreach, circulation, reserves, and special collections, maintaining a focus on customer service.
• Maintain, develop and assess the library’s outreach plan.
• Organize and host events in the library each semester.
• Promote the library and its events in digital and print formats, including managing the library’s social media presence.
• Create circulation policy and maintain copyright compliance of library reserves.
• Accession, arrange, describe, and preserve the university’s archival collections.
• Instruct students in library use and research skills in the classroom and at the Reference Desk.
• Serve as liaison to several academic departments, collaborating with faculty on research, collection development, information literacy curriculum development, and special projects.
• Remain up-to-date on emerging trends and best practices.
• Lead and serve on library and university committees.
• Supervise two full-time staff members.
Linscheid Library is comprised of five librarians, seven staff members, and a director that work collaboratively to foster student success at ECU and within the community of Ada.
East Central University is a student-centered regional public university with an enrollment of 4,727 offering thirty-five undergraduate baccalaureate degree programs in arts and letters, business, education, mathematics and sciences, nursing and the social sciences; and nine master’s degrees in accounting, education, human resources, and psychology. ECU’s students come from 24 countries and 25 states.
ECU is located in Ada, a city of 16,000, in the east central region of Oklahoma. Ada is the home of the Chickasaw Nation’s business headquarters, the Robert S. Kerr EPA Water Research Laboratory, and LegalShield. It offers a hometown feel, along with quality schools, restaurants, and other businesses.
Both experienced librarians and recent graduates from ALA-accredited MLS programs are encouraged to apply. Marketing experience preferred. Excellent communication skills, strong public service orientation, computer literacy, and data analysis skills required.
Send cover letter, resume, official undergraduate and graduate transcripts, names/addresses/ phone numbers/emails of three professional references, and *Disclosure Statement to Amy Schlup, Employment Services, East Central University, 1100 E. 14th Street, PMB D-2, Ada, OK 74820 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Application review will begin January 16, 2017 and will continue until the position is filled. AA/EOE.
East Central University’s mission is to foster a learning environment in which students, faculty, staff, and community interact to educate students for life in a rapidly changing and culturally diverse society. Within its service area, East Central University provides leadership for economic development and cultural enhancement.