School Librarian, Park Century School, Culver City, California
This position, which is to commence January of 2017, will be a part time position until the fall of the 2017-18 school year when it becomes full time.
The part time duties will include the following:
· perform all duties such as circulation, collection management and development, and cataloging
· teach research and library skills instruction to grades 2-8
· organize the school’s yearly book fair, which includes arranging for an author to speak to the students
· conduct age appropriate storytimes to inspire a love of reading
The additional full time duties for the fall will include:
· teach Literature as a subject to individuals and groups
· serve as an upper school advisor
The successful candidate will strive to make the library a warm and welcoming place to readers of all levels and abilities. The candidate will enjoy working in a team-oriented environment and appreciate and support reluctant readers.
The position calls for a minimum of a BA in English and/or a degree in Library Science.
Please send a resume and cover letter (required) to Leah Kayajanian at firstname.lastname@example.org.