Contact Name: Joan Quinlan
Contact Email : email@example.com
Institution/Organization Name: Waukesha Public Library
Job Location: Waukesha, WI
Job Title: Librarian I
Application Deadline : January 9, 2017 4:30 p.m.
Years of Experience Required: MLIS
Link to Job Posting: www.waukeshapubliclibrary.org
Job Description: Waukesha Public Library is seeking a highly motivated and technology savvy, public-service-oriented individual who is interested in adult reference, readers’ advisory services, collection development, cataloging and database maintenance.
The individual in this position:
• Assists patrons of all ages in their use of the library at the first-floor Reference Desk.
• Instructs patrons in the use of the online catalog, reference sources, websites, databases, computer programs, e-readers, and Library-owned equipment.
• Researches and provides answers to general reference questions.
• Assists patrons with locating and requesting materials through interlibrary loan.
• Provides readers’ advisory services for patrons.
• Produces copy and original cataloging for print, audio-visual and internet materials in the Library’s automated system and on OCLC.
• Helps maintain and improve the CAFE shared database of library materials; verifies accuracy of information and updates as needed.
• Assists the acquisitions staff in ensuring accurate and expeditious public access to materials.
The individual in this full-time position spends time each week in both Information Services and Technical Services. The number of hours in each department will vary depending on the workload in the respective departments. Regular schedule includes weekdays, evenings, and weekend hours.
Requirements: Graduation from an accredited college or university with a Master’s Degree in Library Science or any equivalent combination of training and experience which provides the following knowledge, ability and skills:
• Knowledge of library and information science; library organization and administration methods and procedures as they apply to public library administration.
• Knowledge of information resources available from other libraries, the library system and other sources in the community, county and state.
• Knowledge in the use of general office equipment including computers and relevant software
• Ability to interpret statistical data, analyze information and evaluate programs.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with supervisors, coworkers and the public.
• Ability to work independently, with minimal supervision, multitasking and prioritizing workload.
• Skills in oral and written communication, organization and attention to detail as well as analytical and problem solving.
2016 salary range is $49,222 to a maximum of $66,449 achieved through merit increases. Benefits include enrollment in the Wisconsin Retirement System, sick leave, bereavement leave, holidays, vacation and life insurance.
Applications and a detailed job description are available at the Reference Desk or on the Library website: http://www.waukeshapubliclibrary.org.
Apply by 4:30 p.m. on Monday, January 9, 2017 with letter of interest, resume, and application to:
Grant C. Lynch, Executive Director
Waukesha Public Library
321 Wisconsin Avenue
Waukesha, WI 53186