Contact Name: Rose McLean
Contact Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Institution/Organization Name: University of Wisconsin-Stout
Job Location: Menomonie, Wisconsin
Job Title: University Library Director
Application Deadline : 11:59 p.m. on February 19, 2017
Years of Experience Required: Minimum of 3 years
Link to Job Posting: http://www.uwstout.edu/admin/provost/University-Library-Director-Job-Description.cfm
JOB TITLE: University Library Director
DEPARTMENT: University Library, Robert S. Swanson Library & Learning Center
ANTICIPATED START DATE: 7/1/2017
Appointment: Full-time, 100%, Limited Appointment
The University Library Director is a champion for the department, able to reflect and articulate the philosophy of the University Library to the campus and community and work collaboratively to foster an innovative environment.
The Director regularly promotes the Library’s vision for excellence and the university’s mission as Wisconsin’s Polytechnic University. The Library Director represents the campus, working to build strong relationships with the Council of University of Wisconsin Libraries and libraries within the region. The Director also coordinates development opportunities for the professionals within the Library, leading them to better position their strengths to serve the campus community.
Reporting to the Associate Vice Chancellor for Academic and Student Affairs, the Director of the University Library provides leadership for all functions of the library within an ever-changing, collaborative, shared governance environment. The Director has administrative responsibility for the leadership, management, planning, and development of all Library policies, services, budgets, and supervision of library personnel. The Director works efficiently and effectively, striving for improvement, innovation and excellence, in all aspects of the University Library while following university and UW System policies, rules, regulations and guidelines.
The University Library is unique in its place at UW-Stout, a Polytechnic University. The library staff is committed to supporting UW-Stout’s applied learning and research focus allows for creating innovative ideas for campus and industry collaborations, technology use and outstanding user experience. The Library is organized into workgroups around functional areas. This structure allows for teamwork and shared decision making.
Minimum / Required
• Master’s degree in Library, Information Science, or related field such as Education or Organizational Leadership
• Demonstrated ability in leadership roles within a collaborative environment
• Demonstrated progression of supervisory responsibilities
• Demonstrated administrative responsibilities with budget and planning in a fiscally-constrained environment
• Experience advocating for an organization to external stakeholders
• Three years of work experience within a library (excluding student employment, field work, or internships)
• Effective oral, written and electronic communication skills
• A second advanced degree (i.e. Master’s or higher) relevant to the position
• Five or more years of work experience with strategic planning, administrative or supervisory responsibilities
• Advanced training or coursework in leadership and supervision
• Documented leadership in engaging a wide range of internal and external stakeholders
• Knowledge of emerging trends and issues in academic libraries and instructional technologies
• Experience in implementing innovative technologies to serve the academic community in teaching, learning and research
• Demonstrated experience in adapting to changing demands of higher education
Please visit this link, for full details: http://www.uwstout.edu/admin/provost/University-Library-Director-Job-Description.cfm .
The University of Wisconsin-Stout offers a rich, dynamic and collaborative environment in which to work and grow. A member of the University of Wisconsin system, UW-Stout is unique within the system–it is named after its founder, James Huff Stout, and holds the distinction of being Wisconsin’s Polytechnic University, a designation which highlights our combination of applied learning, real-world experiences and a solid liberal arts foundation.
UW-Stout offers 48 undergraduate and 26 graduate degrees, including two terminal degrees. Student enrollment is just over 9,500.
UW-Stout faculty enjoy opportunities for cross-disciplinary collaboration, state-of-the-art facilities, and a modern digital environment. UW-Stout values innovative approaches to solving problems in society and industry, and faculty are encouraged to maintain strong ties and seek collaborative projects within their disciplines and industries.
All students are issued laptops. Faculty use the university’s online course delivery system and must be available for online interactions and/or alternate time frames for teaching. Faculty members teach, advise students, conduct research, assess student learning and engage in service activities.
Menomonie, Wisconsin, is a town of 16,000 located in the beautiful Chippewa River Valley, 25 miles west of Eau Claire and 60 miles east of the Twin Cities of Minneapolis and Saint Paul.
More information about the UW-Stout community and region: http://www.uwstout.edu/about/community.cfm.
Facts and data about the university: http://www.uwstout.edu/about/facts.cfm.
Anticipated salary of $83,491-93,491 commensurate with qualifications and experience. The UW System provides an excellent benefits package including participation in the Wisconsin State retirement plan.
• Benefit Details: http://www.uwsa.edu/ohrwd/benefits/summaries/fasl.pdf
• Total Compensation Estimator: https://www.wisconsin.edu/ohrwd/benefits/totalcomp/
As an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer, UW-Stout is committed to inclusive excellence and is actively seeking applications from individuals from diverse groups; veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. In compliance with the Wisconsin Fair Employment Act, employment will be contingent upon a criminal background check.
The University of Wisconsin System will not reveal the identities of applicants who request confidentiality in their online application, except that the identity of the successful candidate will be released. See Wis. Stat. sec. 19.36(7).
For campus safety information and crime statistics visit:
Go to: http://jobs.uwstout.edu/
Before starting the online application process we recommend you preview the frequently asked questions (FAQs) available at: https://kb.wisc.edu/images/group61/21900/TAMFAQ_CandidateGateway.pdf
Applicants will need to complete all required fields and attach all required documents prior to submitting the online application. Note: Once you have attached your materials and submitted your application you will not be able to go into the system and change them.
Required application materials:
– Cover letter specifically addressing how you meet the minimum and preferred qualifications
– One page statement of Personal Leadership Philosophy
– Names and contact information for a minimum of three (3) professional references
– Unofficial copies of transcripts; official transcripts required at time of hire
To ensure consideration complete applications must be submitted online by 11:59 p.m. 2/19/2017. Screening of applications will begin 2/20/2017; applications may be reviewed until position is filled.
It is the policy of UW-Stout to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified applicants with disabilities. If you need assistance, or accommodation in applying because of a disability, please contact us using the information below. Employment opportunities will not be denied because of the need to make reasonable accommodations for a qualified individual’s disability.
For questions regarding this position or recruitment, please contact:
Search Chair: Kate Kramschuster
If you need assistance with the online application process or if you submitted your application prior to uploading all of the required application materials, please contact:
TA Coordinator: Rose McLean