Contact Name: Rachel Meyer
Contact Email : RachelMeyer@AlliantEnergy.com
Institution/Organization Name: Alliant Energy
Job Location: Fond du Lac, WI
Job Title: Intern – Plant Records
Application Deadline : Sunday, February 12th
Years of Experience Required: 0
Link to Job Posting: http://www.alliantenergy.com/
Job Description: Alliant Energy is recruiting for an intern who would work closely with Plant Management and be a liaison with the Records Management department. This position will be throughout the 2017 summer – see below for additional details.
Pay: Competitive wage earning between $12.12-$15.42
Hours: 7:00AM-3:30PM, open to flexible scheduling
Location: Fond du Lac, WI
Start Date: Monday, May 15th or Tuesday, May 30th
Relocation may be available
-Course credit available upon request
-Possible full time job opportunity
This last summer we had 70+ interns between our WI and IA locations busy working on challenging and meaningful projects. We have an established Internship Program with several fun and developmental events planned such as an over-night kick-off event, executive luncheon, volunteer event, plant tours, info sessions, networking opportunities and more! These events allow interns to interact with each other as well as learn about different areas of the company. Click here to watch a short video to find out more about internships at Alliant Energy.
Hear what our previous interns are saying!
• “Every person I have contact with wants to know about me and what I’m doing, where I go to school, etc. Input is valued greatly from senior members to operators which is unique to this company. “
• “This internship gave me more than I ever would have expected. The all-around experience I was able to get through this internship made it go above and beyond. I learned a lot about my department and was given a good amount of trust in the work was given, but also I was able to learn about all different parts of the company.“
• “I would recommend this internship to any of my friends because I consider it to have been a great learning and professional experience with challenging projects.”
Alliant Energy is looking for a self-starter to join their team this summer! As a Plant Records Intern you would:
• Follow a defined procedure, perform records inventories at assigned power plants, and work to identify records series based on the Functional Retention Schedule (FRS)
• Review and identify documents to determine the correct action:
-Historical or non-active records – transferred to off-site storage
-Records that have met their retention – arranged for destruction
-Active working files – organized for plant efficiency
• Fill out appropriate Transfer and Disposition forms
• Work on behalf of power plant management, act as a liaison between the plants and Records Management to get review and approval to appropriately transfer or dispose of information according to standard procedures.
• Box up and arrange records in filing cabinets or on shelves; keep notes on your projects and stay organized; perform related activities as needed.
• Communicate with Records Management and your onsite supervisor; stage records boxes for pick up, and all other duties assigned.
• Minimum second year graduate students or recent graduate with Masters in Library & Information Science (MLIS), Management Information Services (MIS), or equivalent.
• Valid driver’s license required. Must supply own vehicle for travel to remote areas where power plants are located
We are committed to providing an inclusive work environment for all and are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Protected Veteran.
Disclaimer: The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Energize your future and apply today at www.alliantenergy.com/careers to job #2860BR.