Contact Name: Human Resources
Contact Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Institution/Organization Name: Carroll University
Job Location: Waukesha, WI
Job Title: Health Sciences Librarian
Application Deadline : 2/26/2017
Years of Experience Required:
Link to Job Posting: http://apptrkr.com/953260
Job Description: Health Sciences Librarian
Classification: Librarian- Administrative Staff- Full Time
Reports to: Library Director
Description: The Health Sciences Librarian is the liaison to the Departments of Health and Medicine; Department of Human Movement Sciences; Department of Nursing; Doctor of Physical Therapy; and Department of Life Sciences (Biology and Environmental Science). This position is in charge of all aspects of library services associated with these department’s undergraduate and graduate programs.
• Candidates must be willing and able to support and advance the University mission.
Apply Now At: http://apptrkr.com/953260
• Maintains current curriculum-based monograph collections for all assigned programs.
• Monitors usage statistics for print and electronic science and health science journals (with assistance from the serials librarian).
• Evaluates relevant scholarly information resources such article databases and clinical knowledge systems.
• Communicates with faculty regarding purchase of library resources that support their curricula.
• Informs faculty of upgrades or interface changes of electronic resources such as article databases, clinical knowledge systems, and electronic reference services.
Information Literacy & Instruction:
• Collaborate with liaison area faculty to integrate information literacy instruction into the curriculum.
• Develop course or assignment specific library instruction as requested by individual faculty.
• Provide web-based research support for students through on-line tutorials and library subject guides.
• Participate in teaching Evidence-Based Medicine research skills component of the Nursing, Physical Therapy, Physician Assistant, Athletic Training, Occupational Therapy, Public Health, and Exercise Science curricula.
• Provide individual research support for faculty and students in all liaison areas.
• Participate in general education information literacy instruction and research assistance
• Performs other duties as assigned
Education and Experience:
• MLIS or MLS from an ALA accredited graduate program
• Education or work-related experience in the health sciences preferred
• Experience in a medical or academic library preferred
• Teaching experience preferred
• Continuing education course work relating to Evidence-Based Practice for Health Information Professionals
• Superior technology skills
• Experience with on-line instruction software applications