Contact Name: Kristin Stoeger
Contact Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Institution/Organization Name: Manitowoc Public Library
Job Location: Manitowoc, WI
Job Title: Youth Services manager
Application Deadline : 2-27-17
Years of Experience Required:
Link to Job Posting: http://www.manitowoc.org/1821/Job-Opportunities
Job Description: Youth Services Manager full time
SALARY: $24.84 /Hour
OPENING DATE: 2-13-17
CLOSING DATE: 2-27-17
Manitowoc Public Library seeks an enthusiastic Youth Services Manager to join our team. This position is full time, working at minimum 40 hours per week. May be scheduled to work evening and weekend hours.
APPLICATIONS MAY BE FILED ONLINE AT:
707 Quay Street
Manitowoc, WI 54220
FUNDAMENTAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The following list identifies principal duties and responsibilities of the job. It is not a definitive
list and other similar duties may be assigned.
1. Plans, develops, and implements youth services for MPL. Coordinates service plans with Coordinator of Public Services.
2. Develops and manages a comprehensive and diverse collection of print and non-print materials, recognizing children’s developmental needs. Understands and applies criteria for evaluating the content and artistic merit of children’s materials in all genres and formats.
3. Oversees programming and reference services for youth.
4. Supervises, evaluates and schedules staff. Performs team interviews and makes hiring recommendations to Coordinator of Public Services.
5. Maintains knowledge of current trends in youth services, literature and technological advances and recommends appropriate applications for MPL and when necessary for the Manitowoc Calumet Library System (MCLS).
6. Plans, develops, implements, and evaluates public service training for staff at MPL, MCLS, and other LARS libraries. Acts as consultant for MCLS and member libraries, as delegated or assigned.
7. Assists in establishing goals and objectives for the youth services. Participates on the Library’s management team and assists in administration of the Library. Serves as manager on duty as scheduled. Provides professional and managerial support to Library Director.
8. Executes budget for youth services.
9. Provides direct service to the public of all ages at the Youth Services desk and other service desks as needed.
10. May perform work of another member of the Library’s management team, as assigned. Performs work of other departmental staff, as needed.
A Masters Degree in Library Studies (MLIS) is preferred; Bachelor’s degree is required. Prior work experience in a position with similar duties and responsibilities is desirable. Previous work experience in a position requiring excellent leadership skills, management skills, and the use of advanced technology in a fast-paced, work-intensive environment is required.