The Sladen Library of Henry Ford Hospital is seeking a customer-service oriented full-time librarian to join our collaborative team of information professionals.
Under limited supervision, performs a variety of advanced and complex professional library services including mediated searching, bibliographic instruction, and collection development. Analyzes and answers information requests and reference questions. Provides computerized literature searches to library users, including analysis of topic and search strategy formulation.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
* Serves as acquisitions and technical services librarian.
* Responsible for system-wide e-resource acquisition and management.
* Coordinates new and renewal negotiations with vendors and content providers.
* Assists with new and existing licenses agreements for electronic products.
* Selects and purchases books, journals, audiovisuals, and e-resources.
* Responsible for print serial and book collection at Henry Ford Hospital location.
* Oversees all cataloging activities. Assists with maintaining an integrated library system for cataloging, circulation and the public access catalog.
* Assists with library financial records.
Master’s Degree in Library or Information Science from an A.L.A. accredited program. Membership in the Academy of Health Information Professionals is required (within one year) to obtain professional knowledge required for the position. A minimum of one year’s experience is required in order to acquire necessary knowledge and skills.
* Minimum of two years of professional experience in a health science library and at least one year working with electronic resources.
* Expert skills in searching major medical databases including PubMed and CINHAL.
* Experience with cataloging and an integrated library system – preferably SirsiDynix.
* Knowledge of the electronic product market, publishing issues, and pricing models. Experience working with vendors and licensing issues.
* Knowledge of industry standards related to serials and electronic resources, e.g. MARC, Open URL, and COUNTER.
* Experience with providing access to electronic resources and authentication methods, e.g. EZProxy.
* Experience with OCLC, EndNote, Ovid Medline, PubMed, CINHAL and LibGuides.
* Strong Microsoft Office Suite skills, including Excel.
Henry Ford Health System Libraries
The Henry Ford libraries system is comprised of four hospital libraries – our flagship location in Henry Ford Hospital, Detroit; Henry Ford Macomb Hospital, Clinton Township; Henry Ford Wyandotte Hospital, Wyandotte; Henry Ford Allegiance Health, Jackson – and our corporate archives, the Conrad R. Lam Archives. To learn more, visit the Sladen Libraries<henryfordconnect.com/sladen>.
Henry Ford Health System
Henry Ford Health System, one of the largest and most comprehensive integrated U.S. health care systems, is a national leader in clinical care, research and education. The system includes the 1,200-member Henry Ford Medical Group, five hospitals, Health Alliance Plan (a health insurance and wellness company), Henry Ford Physician Network, a 150-site ambulatory network and many other health-related entities throughout southeast Michigan, providing a full continuum of care. In 2015, Henry Ford provided $299 million in uncompensated care. The health system is a major economic driver in Michigan and employs more than 24,600 employees. Henry Ford is a 2011 Malcolm Baldrige National Quality Award recipient. The health system is led by President and CEO Wright Lassiter III. To learn more, visit Henry Ford.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Henry Ford Health System is committed to the hiring, advancement and fair treatment of all individuals without regard to race, color, creed, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, size, height, weight, marital status, family status, gender identity, sexual orientation, and genetic information or any other protected status in accordance with applicable federal and state laws.
How to Apply
Applications are only accepted electronically at https://henryford.referrals.selectminds.com/jobs/librarian-sladen-library-full-time-day-detroit-mi-4848
Position Posting #171765