Class Title: Scholarly Communications Librarian (Medical Assistant Librarian)
Apply here: http://www.jobswithucf.com/postings/49085
The scholarly communications librarian will:
* Work closely with the University of Central Florida, College of Medicine (UCF-COM) librarians and faculty, students, and staff to assist in scholarly communication endeavors initiated by the library and by the College of Medicine.
* Become the in-house expert for the library in matters of open access, alternative publishing models, open educational resources, data management, and other issues related to scholarly communication.
* Serve as a statewide representative to scholarly communication and digital initiatives-related groups and ad-hoc committees as needed.
* Stay current with developments in data curation and management, open access, scholarly publishing, open educational resource initiatives, etc.
* Monitor scholarly communication trends and developments.
* Act as a library liaison for one or more College of Medicine course modules.
* Serve as personal librarian to first and second year medical students assigned to him/her.
* Participate in library assessment activities.
* Collaborate with other faculty librarians and library staff to provide effective reference, instruction, and outreach services for UCF-COM students, faculty, staff, and public patrons.
* Contribute to professional organizations and publications.
* Participate in management of UCF-COM open access publications.
Position Minimum Qualifications
* Master’s degree in Library and Information Science (MLIS) from an ALA-accredited institution by the date of hire.
* AHIP certification required within 5 years of hire.
* Strong oral and written communication skills.
* Ability to adjust priorities, take initiative, set goals, manage time wisely, and make quick effective decisions in a fast-paced environment.
* Aptitude for thinking creatively and developing products and services, such as publications, training materials, workshops, conferences, and other tools relevant to scholarly communications and digital initiatives.
* Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to establish positive and productive collaborations with College of Medicine faculty.
* Proficiency in Microsoft office products, Apple products, and Apple iOS.
Additional Application Materials Required
An online application must be submitted to http://www.jobswithucf.com/postings/49085 to officially be considered for an open position. In addition to the online application, candidates must also submit a cover letter, CV and the contact information for three professional references.
NOTE: Please have all documents ready when applying so they can be attached at that time. Once the online submission process is finalized, the system does not allow applicants to submit additional documents at a later date.
Please contact Floyd Sturdifen at Floyd.Sturdifen@ucf.edu<mailto:Floyd.Sturdifen@ucf.edu> with questions about this position.
UCF is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply, including minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities. As a Florida public university, UCF makes all application materials and selection procedures available to the public upon request.