Seeking Library Director
The Cresco Public Library is seeking applicants for the position of Library Director.
The Director is responsible for all aspects of library operations and functions, leading an experienced staff and meeting the requirements of the Library Board, the community, and local and state government. Continue reading “Cresco, IA: Library Director, Cresco Public Libray”
Seeking Library Director
Clinical & Research Librarian
To apply, please visit https://mahec.applicantpro.com/jobs/549889.html
Mountain Area Health Education Center, in Asheville, North Carolina, is seeking a dynamic, flexible Clinical & Research Librarian to provide innovative programs that support the teaching, research, and service mission of the organization. Clinical information services will include proactive and on-demand information services, targeted alerting services, and support for clinical quality improvement. Research responsibilities will include literature searching with critical appraisal and filtering, annotated bibliographies, and bibliographic management. Instructional responsibilities will include training in effective use of library services and resources to support evidence-based practice. Continue reading “Asheville, NC: Clinical and Research Librarian, Mountain Area Health Education Center”
Link to job posting. Deadline: 4/20/17 Continue reading Madison, WI: School Library Media Education Consultant, Department of Public Instruction
Reporting to the Chief Registrar, the Digital Asset Manager is charged with developing the infrastructure of the museum’s digital asset platform, and leading efforts in migrating and organizing exiting media, chiefly images, to meet the Menil Collection’s strategic digital initiatives and future implementation of a Digital Asset Management System (DAMS).
1. Work closely with the Menil Archives, and Curatorial, Communications, Publishing, External Affairs and Conservation Departments, to consolidate the museum-wide image and media usage and storage and establish consistent standards, policies, and procedures regarding the same.
2. Create and enforce naming taxonomies and metadata scheme, tagging files with relevant and accurate metadata, enforcing asset file standards, and ensure application documentation is up-to-date.
3. Distribute assets to internal users and external partners.
4. Enforce digitization and photography standards.
5. Lead training and education for staff.
6. With the recent implementation of The Museum System (TMS) and Share Point software, and in the early stages of redeveloping the institution’s website, act as a vital hub within the museum’s larger digital and technological goals.
7. Facilitate the integration of digital media assets into the TMS database from all museum departments, and work closely with IT staff and staff in departments across the institution to improve access to digital assets for daily use, special projects, and initiatives.
8. Collaborate with and advise TMS administrator on configuration and customization of the TMS server application and other software for image handling and metadata application.
9. Provide quality control for all metadata to assure accuracy and consistency across the institution. This includes the developing and managing of metadata tools, controlled vocabularies and other metadata standardization solutions.
10. Assist in bringing existing assets up to appropriate standards, including reorganization of file directories and metadata cleanup projects.
11. Provide functional support to individual staff DAM software users with technical support from the TMS administrator.
12. Work closely with TMS administrator to improve and expand the distribution of and access to still image, video, and other digital assets for museum staff and external clients. Continue reading “Houston, TX: Digital Asset Manager, The Menil Collection”
The Lone Rock Community Library board is looking to hire a part-time library director. Apply to Donna Gorman, Library Board President at email@example.com Continue reading Lone Rock, WI: Library Director (p/t), Lone Rock Community Library