Seeking Library Director
The Cresco Public Library is seeking applicants for the position of Library Director.
The Director is responsible for all aspects of library operations and functions, leading an experienced staff and meeting the requirements of the Library Board, the community, and local and state government.
Responsibilities & Duties:
• Operates a library that puts the needs of the users first and responds to those needs in a positive, helpful and friendly manner
• Develops and oversees a variety of services and programs designed to meet community needs
• Develops, implements, and evaluates long and short term goals and objectives
• Supervises library employees and enforces personnel policies
• Trains staff members and facilitates their continuing library education
• Conducts regular staff meetings; provides regular evaluation and coaching of staff
• In conjunction with staff, selects and purchases a diverse collection of materials that meets the needs of the public
• Manages the library finances within the approved budget
• Works with and provides administrative support to the library board
• Keeps the board informed on changes that need to be made to library policies to meet the needs of the community
• Supervises maintenance of library physical plant, including equipment and furnishings
• Serves as a non-voting member of the Cresco Library Foundation.
• Coordinates fundraising with the “Friends of the Cresco Public Library”
• Master of Library Science degree preferred; or a Bachelor Degree and the ability to obtain a Level IV Iowa Public Library Director certification within two years
• Commitment to the mission and philosophy of public library service
• Excellent leadership, communication and interpersonal skills
• Ability to work effectively with library trustees, elected officials and community groups
• Ability to supervise and motivate library staff and volunteers
• Technology proficiency
Salary and Benefits
Compensation is commensurate with education and experience. Competitive benefit package, includes health insurance and IPERS. Position subject to pre-employment background check.
For more information and a complete job description, please see www.cityofcresco.com/city-employ.html, email email@example.com, or call Michelle Girolamo at 563-547-3101. Application and resume must be received no later than noon April 21, 2017. Mail to Library Board President, Cresco City Hall, 130 North Park Place, Cresco, Iowa 52136 or via firstname.lastname@example.org
Application deadline: April 21, 2017
Anticipated Start Date: May 22, 2017
The City of Cresco is an Equal Opportunity Employer.