Lone Star College-CyFair
Faculty, Reference Librarian – 2 positions (#20226) CF
The librarian’s role encompasses the general areas of learning facilitation, personal and professional development, and institutional and community service. Reference services include developing or acquiring instructional materials and providing assistance to the community in the use of research and technology. Under the supervision of Library Director, provides appropriate professional reference and research and reader’s advisory assistance. Develops and maintains assigned library collections; provides one-on-one and group instruction for library users.
1. Works with the campus and system librarians to incorporate library-developed instructional tools into the online course management system.
2. Provides reader’s advisory and reference services during the day, evenings, and weekends to meet student, faculty, and community research needs. Uses library catalog, the internet and databases to meet these needs.
3. Maintains the reference desk schedule, including the schedule for Library instructional classes.
4. Establishes annual objectives in consultation with supervisors.
5. Teaches students, faculty, and other library users to access and use print, audio-visual, and electronic information resources. Plans, organizes and delivers research instruction in ways that maximize student learning, information literacy and technology.
6. Promotes the use of general and subject-oriented print and electronic research guides and other instructional materials.
7. Evaluates, acquires, and provides access to information resources in a variety of formats to support student learning, and specific programs or courses.
8. Meets institutional service and professional development goals as determined in collaboration with dean/director.
9. Responsible for other reasonable related duties as assigned.
•Master’s degree in Library Science/Information Science from an ALA-accredited institution.
Commensurate with education, experience and qualifications
How to Apply
ALL APPLICANTS MUST APPLY ON-LINE ONLY
To learn of all available opportunities, go to: http://jobs.lonestar.edu. Search by keyword or click the “Advanced Search” link to search by keyword or Job Opening ID. Application materials will not be accepted via fax, e-mail, mail or hand delivery.
Normally there is no contact with applicants unless they are selected for interview. Some openings are posted year-round and are re-posted periodically; these applicants will be notified and asked to re-apply in order to remain active applicants for those positions.
Lone Star College participates in the E-Verify program, under which Lone Star College provides the federal government with information from each new employee’s Form I-9 to confirm that the employee is authorized to work in the United States.
More information on the E-Verify program is available at www.dhs.gov/E-Verify.
All positions are subject to a criminal background check. EEO Employer