Job Opportunity: Kaiser Permanente South San Francisco, CA #579614
Kaiser Permanente is now hiring for an Assistant Medical Librarian, in
South San Francisco, CA!
Provides technical and administrative support for medical library
reference and information services. Performs on-line data searches and
implements various computer systems utilized by the department. Assists
the Manager, Library Operations by supporting and facilitating the content
and direction of library services to the Medical Center, outlying clients
and specialized resource collections.
• Conducts computerized literature searches using microcomputer and
• Trains end-users on searching, use of indices and various reference
tools and the use of Kaiser Permanente Library System (KPLS) to library
• Assists the Manager, Library Operations in the orientation of clients
• Supervises interlibrary resource sharing through both the Kaiser Library
System and Regional and National Library Systems.
• Consults with clients in resolving issues and works toward continuous
improvement of library services.
• Catalogs book and non-book materials using classification and coding
• Functionally supervises department and library technical and clerical
staff in absence of Manager, Library Operations.
• Evaluates software, hardware, systems, applications and databases and
recommends implementation options.
• Keeps current on new and developing information services products and
methodology to support the goals and vision of the Library Director in the
Library’s future role at the Medical Center.
• Delegates work to library technical and clerical staff and is familiar
with Kaiser Permanente’s personnel policies and procedures including
workman’s compensation, multicultural issues, union issues and the
• Assists in planning the library collection development programs, goals
and policies and procedures.
• Advises Manager, Library Operations on selection of library materials
based on content expertise.
• Minimum one (1) year work experience in a library.
• ALA accredited master’s degree in library science required.
License, Certification, Registration
• Experience with on-line search systems and software programs, PC and LAN
technologies, and internet technologies.
• Computer literacy and understanding of the complexities of microcomputer
systems and knowledge of MEDLINE literature searching.
• Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment.
Primary Location: California-South San Francisco-S. San Francisco Hospital
1200 El Camino Real
Scheduled Hours (1-40): 32
Working Days: Mon – Fri