Riverside City College is seeking outstanding candidates for the position of Outreach Librarian/Assistant Professor. The successful candidate will plan, implement, and assess library in-reach/outreach programs across college and community groups to facilitate student information literacy and address the academic support needs of non-traditional, underrepresented, and transfer students.
American Library Association (ALA) accredited master’s degree in Library Science or Library Information Science, or an equivalent advanced degree.
– Experience developing and implementing library/ information literacy outreach initiatives.
– Experience promoting libraries through social media, integrating library resources in learning management platforms, and creating media to facilitate library access/use.
– Strong written and oral communication skills.
– Academic library experience.
– Familiarity with event/conference planning.
– Experience with bilingual students.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: 05/05/2017