Contact Name: Katie Cheng
Contact Email : email@example.com
Institution/Organization Name: The City College of New York
Job Location: New York, New York
Job Title: Electronic Resources Librarian (Instructor or Assistant Professor)
Application Deadline : May 15, 2017
Years of Experience Required:
Link to Job Posting:
Job Description: FACULTY VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT
The City College of New York seeks an energetic, progressive Electronic Resources Librarian with experience in acquiring, licensing, accessing and assessing electronic resources. Reporting to the Associate Dean and Chief Librarian, the person will collaborate to support the City College (CCNY) curriculum through effective integration of e-resources into the library website and promote effective use of e-resources to all college users. Good technical as well as customer service skills are essential to this position.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Provide reference services, as well as information literacy instruction as part of the Instruction Team.
• Acquisition, licensing, implementation, assessment, and ongoing maintenance of the library electronic collections
• Coordinate licensed databases, eBook and electronic journal resources, facilitate web access, and maintain the Database A- Z List
• Manage internal software including EZProxy, PRIMO, SFX, Serials Solutions, and Libguides
• Coordinate with the cataloging librarians, and with EZ proxy, SFX, and PRIMO administrators, to arrange description and control of resources
• Troubleshoot and respond to patron inquiries in a timely manner
• Collect and analyze usage data and create reports to support purchase and renewal
• Establish and document processes, workflows, and best practices for electronic resources acquisition and management
• Monitor trends and best practices in e-resources management, discoverability, and use
• Supervise staff and student workers
All titles require a Master’s in Library Science (MLS), Master’s in Library Information Studies (MLIS), or closely related discipline from an ALA-accredited institution. Also required is the ability to work with others for the good of the institution. For appointment as Assistant Professor, a second graduate degree is required. Significant scholarly publishing will be required for tenure at the Assistant Professor rank.
• Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
• Demonstrated initiative, flexibility, and ability to work creatively and effectively both independently and as a team member
• Experience and expertise working with vendors, publishers and electronic resources used by academic libraries
• Broad understanding of technical service operations and technologies in an academic library
• Sophisticated working knowledge of research databases, vendor relations, eBook platforms, electronic journal management systems, content management software, and integrated library systems
• Versed in emerging trends, technologies, and best practices related to electronic resource management.
• This is a tenure-track faculty position with expectations of significant scholarly publishing
CUNY offers faculty a competitive compensation and benefits package covering health insurance, pension and retirement benefits, paid parental leave, and savings programs. We also provide mentoring and support for research, scholarship, and publication as part of our commitment to ongoing faculty professional development.
HOW TO APPLY
If you are viewing this job posting in CUNYFirst, please click on “Apply Now” on the bottom of this page and follow the instructions.
If you are viewing this job posting externally, please apply as follows:
– Go to www.cuny.edu and click on “Employment”
– Click “Search job listings”
– Click on “More search options”
– Search by Job Opening ID number
– Click on the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions.
PLEASE NOTE THAT YOU MUST UPLOAD A COVER LETTER, CV/RESUME, AND STATEMENT OF SCHOLARLY INTERESTS AS ONE DOCUMENT IN ANY OF THE FOLLOWING FORMATS: doc, .docx, .pdf, .rtf, or text format.
May 15, 2017