Full-Time Business Liaison Librarian – Adult Services
The Barrington Area Library is looking for a full-time Business Liaison Librarian. This librarian will:
• develop new and cultivate existing partnerships with the local business community,
• plan innovative programs and services to support businesses, and
• assist and inspire young adult and adult customers.
• You have a passion for providing excellent customer service.
• You feel confident being a champion of our library services with the business community.
• You have a thorough understanding of technology used in today’s library.
• You’re inspired by what makes our library and our community unique.
Sound like a fit? Then read the full job description here and consider bringing your talents/skills to the Barrington Area Library’s Adult Services team! Ready to apply? Complete and save the PDF application and email it along with cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
About the library:
Our revitalized, 21st century library is a busy, friendly place that supports lifelong, active learning, and an appreciation for creativity and innovation. Customers of all ages and interests visit our library, expecting to find excellent and informed service, programs and workshops that enrich and inspire, and spaces designed for private work and group collaboration.
Requirements and Skills:
This position requires an ALA-accredited MLS. Preference may be given to candidates who can communicate via their cover letter and resume a history of successful collaboration with community business leaders, as well as demonstrated interpersonal, organizational, digital literacy, and customer service skills.
Hours, Salary, and Benefits:
This full-time librarian position is scheduled for an average of 37.5 hours per week (includes day, evening, and weekend hours). Flexibility in scheduling is a must for all team members. Salary range: $47,476 – 71,214. This position is classified as Exempt, includes participation in the Illinois Municipal Retirement Pension Plan (IMRF), and offers vacation, sick, personal, and holiday benefits. Medical, dental, and life insurance plans are available, with some plans at no cost to the employee.
Barrington Area Library
505 N. Northwest Highway
Barrington, IL 60010