Western Michigan University is seeking a service oriented and energetic librarian to fill a full-time temporary position during the 2017-2018 academic year. Desired position start date is August 1.
As a member of the Instruction and Outreach department, this individual will work collaboratively with a group of librarians to develop and teach information literacy for general education courses, specifically the college-level writing course ENGL 1050, and provide research assistance to the greater campus population. The librarian will also serve as the liaison to the departments of English and World Languages, Literatures, and Linguistics and will develop and teach subject-specific undergraduate and graduate-level information literacy instruction, for the classroom and online. This individual will also provide subject-specific research support to undergraduate students, graduate students, and faculty and have the opportunity to participate in collection development projects for the liaison departments.
Tasks include but are not limited to:
· Provide face-to-face and electronic research and reference services
· Serve as liaison to the departments of English and World Languages, Literatures, and Linguistics
· Develop classroom and online instruction materials
· Provide instruction for general education and subject-specific courses for general education and subject-specific courses
· Provide specialized reference and research consultation for the liaison departments
· Assist in assessment of on-going and new information literacy instruction
· Assist in collection development projects for subject areas
· Maintain and develop research and course library guides
· Master’s degree from an ALA accredited program
· Undergraduate degree in a literature-related discipline, or extensive coursework
· Demonstrated knowledge of research and instructional trends for academic libraries
· Evidence of proficiency in literature resources
· Demonstrated awareness of faculty, graduate student, and undergraduate student needs at a research institution
· Demonstrated ability to work both independently and collaboratively
To apply, send cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be reviewed upon receipt and accepted until the position is filled.
Early career and recent graduates are encouraged to apply.