Mountain Area Health Education Center, in Asheville, North Carolina, is seeking a dynamic, flexible Clinical & Research Librarian to provide innovative programs that support the teaching, research, and service mission of the organization. Clinical information services will include proactive and on-demand information services, targeted alerting services, and support for clinical quality improvement. Research responsibilities will include literature searching with critical appraisal and filtering, annotated bibliographies, and bibliographic management. Instructional responsibilities will include training in effective use of library services and resources to support evidence-based practice.
Any combination of education and experience equivalent to Master’s degree from an ALA-accredited program or currently enrolled and within six months of attaining degree required. Other requirements include, but are not limited to:
* Experience using biomedical and evidence-based practice literature, research, and clinical tools
* Outstanding commitment to innovative and responsive customer service
* Demonstrated understanding of trends and issues in the field of health sciences information
* Ability to plan and implement innovative technology solutions
Candidates must be self-motivated, set and attain goals effectively, manage competing priorities under pressure and be able to adapt to change. The Clinical & Research Librarian must have excellent written and oral communication skills, demonstrated analytical and problem solving skills, independent and professional judgment and decision-making skills. Requirements also include familiarity with data management trends and practices and successful experience working in a collaborative environment.
Preferred experience includes:
* One years’ experience in health sciences or medical library setting (or equivalent experience)
* Additional graduate education in health sciences or equivalent field,
* Experience with quality improvement, health statistics, copyright, liaison services and embedded librarianship,
* Integration of knowledge and evidence-based resources in the EHR and other clinical tools, and/or GIS.