Do you want to…
· Engage in a wide range of valuable professional experiences?
· Work in a collaborative atmosphere where everyone’s voice matters?
· Use your creativity and enthusiasm to promote the library and its catalog?
If so, the Technical Services Librarian opening at East Central University’s Linscheid Library may be a great fit for you.
· Oversee the cataloging, classification, and processing of all library materials.
· Oversee maintenance of the library’s integrative library system.
· Serve as liaison to various service providers, and FDLP.
· Responsible for all aspects of special collections and the institutional repository.
· Instruct students in library use and research skills in the classroom and at the Reference Desk.
· Serve as liaison to several academic departments, collaborating with faculty on research, collection development, information literacy curriculum development, and special projects.
· Remain up-to-date on emerging trends and best practices.
· Lead and serve on library and university committees.
· Supervise one full-time staff member.
Linscheid Library is comprised of five librarians, seven staff members, and a director that work collaboratively to foster student success at ECU and within the community of Ada.
East Central University is a student-centered regional public university with an enrollment of 4,727 offering thirty-five undergraduate baccalaureate degree programs in arts and letters, business, education, mathematics and sciences, nursing and the social sciences; and nine master’s degrees in accounting, education, human resources, and psychology. ECU’s students come from 24 countries and 25 states.
ECU is located in Ada, a city of 16,000, in the east central region of Oklahoma. Ada is the home of the Chickasaw Nation’s business headquarters, the Robert S. Kerr EPA Water Research Laboratory, and LegalShield. It offers a hometown feel, along with quality schools, restaurants, and other businesses.
Both experienced librarians and recent graduates from ALA-accredited MLS programs are encouraged to apply. Cataloging experience preferred. Excellent communication skills, strong public service orientation, computer literacy, and data analysis skills required.
Send cover letter, resume, official undergraduate and graduate transcripts, names/addresses/ phone numbers/emails of three professional references, and *Disclosure Statement to Employment Services, East Central University, 1100 E. 14th Street, PMB D-2, Ada, OK 74820 or email@example.com. Application review will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled. AA/EOE.