The Audiovisual Digitization Technician will assist with digitizing rare audiovisual materials within the Audiovisual Preservation Lab and help correspond with patrons, faculty, staff, library annex and collection donors.
Under the supervision of the Director and AV Specialist, the AV Digitization Technician will prepare materials for digitization, digitize analog materials, provide quality control for digitized content, enhance, produce, and embed technical metadata of digitized content, and support project management within the lab. Specific duties include:
Click continue reading to learn more and discover more similar job opportunities in New York!
- Assist in correspondence with patrons, faculty, staff, and collection donors
- High-end digitization of various audiovisual materials for publication, exhibition and research
- Implementing archival quality master and derivative files and digital file preparation strategies
- Rare and fragile material handling
- Coordinating with metadata librarians to implement organizational and finding strategies when necessary
- Creating, enhancing, and embedding of technical metadata in digitized objects
- Assist in digital uploads of content into repositories
This is a part-time (20 hours per week), benefits-eligible position for a term of one year.
- Associates’ degree in digital media area or related field and two years of relevant experience, or equivalent combination of education and audiovisual production experience;
- Strong organizational skills;
- Attention to detail;
- High comfort level in working with Microsoft Office, Adobe and digital audio workstation software and platforms;
- One year of experience working with archival material.
- 2-4 years of experience working with analog and digital audiovisual material;
- Experience managing digital content;
- Copyright research experience;
- Bachelor’s degree in digital media or relevant field;
- MLS or Media Production candidate or equivalent.
Application Instructions: Please submit a cover letter and resume with your application materials, preferred as a combined PDF document.
More job opportunities in New York: