JOB APPLICATION CLOSES JUNE 28th DUE TO INCREDIBLY HIGH DEMAND
This position is located in the Smithsonian’s National Museum of African American History and Culture (NMAAHC). The National Museum of African American History and Culture is the largest national museum for the study and exhibition of African American history and culture. Its primary purposes are to acquire, maintain and preserve objects which document social, cultural, political, military, technological and scientific developments in the United States related to the African American experience; to conduct scholarly research designed to make significant contributions to the body of knowledge in the field of African American history, to publish findings for both scholarly and general audiences; and to interpret historical developments through public exhibits and programs as well as digital content.
Click continure reading to learn more and discover more job opportunities in Washington DC!
The Social Media Content Specialist is a member of a team of content producers and reports to the Manager of Social Media & Digital Engagement and is responsible for researching, developing, editing, and producing and publishing original content for the Museum’s social media channels, including:
- creating original social media content suitable for publishing across all Museum social media platforms and channels;
- collaborating with public affairs, curatorial, external affairs, digital media teams to create unique social content products (e.g., Snapchat Stories, Instagram Stories, blogs, and short videos) and other social media experiences;
- selecting appropriate stories, programs, and links for daily publishing from existing Museum digital archives and online collection for publishing;
- assisting in the execution of a comprehensive social media content strategy; and
- monitoring performance metrics for measuring the impact of published digital content across all Museum digital channels and platforms.
- Pass Pre-employment Background Investigation
- May need to complete a Probationary Period
- Maintain a Bank Account for Direct Deposit/Electronic Transfer
- Males born after 12/31/59 must be registered with Selective Service.
GS-09: You qualify for this position if you possess one year of specialized experience equivalent to at least the GS-07 level in the Federal service or comparable pay band system. For this position specialized experience is defined as: Experience using multiple social media platforms and applications for a museum, blog, educational or cultural institution, with a focus on African American History and/or Culture; participating in the development of social media content, partnerships and strategies; and using digital platforms to tell engaging stories on real-time live video platforms like Snapchat.
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community, student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
Part-time and/or unpaid experience related to this position will be considered to determine the total number of years and months of experience. Be sure to note the number of paid or unpaid hours worked each week.
GS-09: master’s or equivalent graduate degree or 2 full years of progressively higher level graduate education leading to such a degree related to the position may be substituted to meet the experience requirements.
Or a Combination: Education and experience may be combined to meet the basic qualifications. For a full explanation of this option please see the Qualification Standards.
Special Instructions for Foreign Education: If you are qualifying by education and/or you have education completed in a foreign college/university described above, it is your responsibility to provide transcripts and proof of U.S. accreditation for foreign study. For instructions on where to fax these documents, see the “Required Documents” section of this announcement.
Qualification requirements must be met within 30 days of the job announcement closing date.
LINK TO JOB POSTING: https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/472092300
More job opportunities in Washington DC: