LAC Federal is seeking a part-time Digital Curator to support a Federal Library in the Alexandria, VA, area. The Librarian will be responsible for managing a digital collection in a wide variety of formats in a digital content management system and an Integrated Library System. This is a 20 hour per week position and work is performed on-site during regular business hours.
Responsible for managing a digital collection in a wide variety of formats in a digital content management system and an Integrated Library System.
- Assist in the planning, development and implementation of the CMS and will use metadata schemas, and widely recognized standard to create, describe, and preserve digital objects and ensure the continued access to these assets.
- Ensure that the naming conventions are consistent throughout the CMS and ILS and will monitor the continued health of the system.
Click continue reading to learn more and discover more job opportunities in Virginia!
- Degree in MLS or MLIS from an ALA accredited institution
- Knowledge of standards and practices related to digital object management
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Effective teamwork and collaboration skills
- Ability to build relationships and respond courteously and effectively to customer needs
- Ability to adjust productively to and communicate about change
- Ability to take initiative to learn new knowledge and skills
LAC Group is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and values diversity in the workforce.
LAC Group is a premier provider of recruiting and consultancy services for information professionals at U.S. and global organizations including Fortune 100 companies, law firms, pharmaceutical companies, large academic institutions, National Libraries and prominent government agencies.
More job opportunities in Virginia: