Refinery29, the largest independent fashion and style website in the United States, delivers nonstop inspiration for smart, stylish and creative women everywhere. For three years running, Refinery29 has been featured in Inc. Magazine’s Top 500 fastest growing companies, and in 2013 it was rated the #1 fastest growing media company in the US. In 2014, Refinery29 was chosen as one of Fast Company’s World’s Top 10 Most Innovative Companies in Style, and won three Webby Awards including Best in Fashion & Beauty. For more information and to browse content, visit http://www.Refinery29.com ( http://www.refinery29.com/ )
Refinery29 is looking for an extremely organized, enthusiastic and creative Project Archivist to index media assets in our Digital Asset Management software. The Project Archivist will be working with a range of digital file types, including design, photo and video formats. The position entails researching and indexing our current visual archived assets into the new system and all that encompasses; including working within a predetermined workflow process, researching and assigning creation metadata, associating contractual data via DRM profiles and tagging according to a pre-existing taxonomy.
Click continue reading to learn more and discover other job opportunities in New York!
- Work closely with the Creative, Video, Legal and Editorial Teams to accurately represent the R29 voice and brand within the DAM platform
- Research via internal access points and create cross-referencing between related assets
- The potential to further refine existing project workflow processes as efficiencies arise
- Assist in the continual development of the R29 internal keywording taxonomy
- Trouble-shoot DAM platform user issues via vendor customer support as needed
- Implement folder & file naming standards as needed
- Answering occasional internal reference request
- Digital file organization as needed
- Position supervised by IT Director and Digital Archivist
- Job duties may change as per business needs
- ALA-accredited Master’s degree with archives coursework and/or Master’s or comparable degree in which coursework was focused on archival studies or information management
- Minimum two years professional experience in a cataloging or metadata-related position
- Previous experience with Digital Asset Management platforms and born-digital assets
- Prior experience and knowledge of different metadata standards and vocabularies
- Familiarity working with taxonomies and/or ontologies preferred
- Previous experience working with digital media files and/or stock imagery preferred
- Strong written and oral communication skills are essential
- Extremely organized, must possess an acute attention to detail
- Strong organization and problem-solving skills, and the ability to work independently
- Familiarity with social media platforms a plus
- Thrive in a fast paced environment
- Must have a positive attitude and be a team player
Refinery29 is firmly committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, gender, sexual orientation, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital or veteran status, or physical or mental disability.
Refinery29 does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Refinery29 employees or any other company location. Refinery29 is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
This is a full-time freelance role, 40 hours/week.
Link to indeed job application: https://www.indeed.com/viewjob?jk=dbee233d8c7ee789&q=photo+archivist&tk=1bj0eeh3118hf2ru&from=web
More job opportunities in New York: