Instructional Design Librarian (Nursing and STEM)
Nevada State College invites applications for an Instructional Design Librarian (Nursing and STEM). This position reports to the Director of Library Services and will join the College during an exciting period of growth and development.
The Instructional Design Librarian provides leadership for the integration of scalable and sustainable information literacy initiatives into the curriculum of the School of Nursing and the Department of Physical & Life Sciences.
Click continue reading to learn more, apply, and discover more job opportunities in Nevada!
Strong candidates will be inspired by:
· The chance to work at an institution dedicated to creating successful outcomes for students from largely underserved, first generation, and non-traditional backgrounds.
· The opportunity to work in an environment that embraces innovation and experimentation.
· The prospect of working in an environment in which assessment and evidence drive institutional improvement and innovation.
· Consults and collaborates with teaching faculty to integrate information literacy learning outcomes, assignments, learning activities, and learning assessments into in-person, hybrid, and online courses. (30%)
· Works collaboratively with campus stakeholders to integrate library resources, services, and other tools into the curriculum. (20%)
· Creates and maintains a repository of reusable learning objects. (20%)
· Creates scholarly products; actively participates in committees, professional engagement, or service; and meets other NSC requirements for promotion and tenure. (20%)
· Provides information literacy instruction and research services. (10%)
About Nevada State College
Celebrating its 15th anniversary in 2017, Nevada State College is the first and only four-year institution in the Nevada System of Higher Education (NSHE). Enrollment at the College has increased rapidly, climbing from 177 students at its inception in 2002 to 3,747 students in fall 2016. Located on a developing 500-acre campus in the foothills of Henderson, Nevada, NSC emphasizes high-quality instruction, exemplary service, engaging learning experiences, and innovation as a means to more efficient, effective outcomes in all corners of the campus.
Nevada State College offers competitive salaries, plus excellent benefits, including 14.5% retirement match, 24 annual leave days, beginning balance of 30 sick leave days, 11 paid holidays, educational benefits, and two health insurance plans that can be supplemented with flexible spending accounts or health savings accounts.
We are seeking committed individuals, who care deeply about higher education and student customer service, to work alongside dedicated executives, staff and faculty in a highly collegial environment. Our staff members enjoy the rare opportunity to shape the College as it continues to grow into a cornerstone of higher education in Nevada.
About the Marydean Martin Library
As the first “bookless” academic library in the state of Nevada, the Marydean Martin Library focuses its effort on improving outcomes for the College’s largely first-generation, diverse, and underrepresented student population. The Library regularly partners with faculty on course design; enhances the affordability of course content with open educational resources; and collaborates with faculty to integrate new technology such as 3D printing services into the curriculum. The Library also has a deep collaboration with the Office of Institutional Research that has led to research findings indicating that students who use the library’s digital collections and services have improved research assignment grades, semester GPA, academic standing, and one-term retention.
About the Henderson/Las Vegas Area
The College’s 500-acre campus is located on the east side of Henderson, about 20 miles from the Las Vegas strip. Henderson, is the second largest city in Nevada, with a wide range of amenities, including beautiful parks, hiking trails, nearly 200 miles of biking trails, and easy access to Lake Mead and Lake Las Vegas. Henderson has been consistently ranked as one of the safest cities in the United States. Henderson’s proximity to Las Vegas allows for easy access to the Downtown Arts District, the Las Vegas resorts and casinos, and world-class dining and shopping.
Rank and Salary
Tenure-track, Assistant Professor level. Salary range is $50,000 – $55,000, depending on experience.
Please address each of these qualifications in your application materials.
· ALA-accredited Master’s degree or equivalent by the start date.
· Commitment to improving success of first-generation and underrepresented students.
· Excellent oral and written communication abilities.
· Excellent time management and organizational skills.
· Experience providing instructional services to relevant disciplines or a degree in the health sciences, life sciences, or physical sciences.
· Experience collaborating with instructors to develop learning outcomes, learning activities, and learning assessments.
· Familiarity with contemporary theories, models, and best practices associated with information literacy.
· Ability to build rapport with students and campus stakeholders.
· Ability to use research methods to pose and answer questions that lead to improved practice.
· Experience creating digital learning objects.
To apply: http://bit.ly/2ssMtDd
Similar jobs in Nevada: