Position Title: Archivist
Full-time/Part-time: Full-time, one-year position with possibility of extension
Reports To: Director of Curatorial Services
Staff Reporting To This Position: Volunteers as assigned
Works Closely With: Collections Manager/Registrar, volunteers
- Catalogs and processes archival collections using archival best practices.
- Provides proper care and preservation of archival collections.
- Facilitates access to archival and library collections.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Click continue reading to learn more, apply, and discover more job opportunities in Iowa
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in a related field; minimum of 1-2 years working in a professional library or archival setting preferred; and/or MLIS degree or equivalent formal training in archives management.
- Excellent computer skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively with the Director of Curatorial Services, Collections Manager/Registrar, and volunteers.
- Preferably have knowledge of PastPerfect museum software.
- Must have the ability to lift and move objects weighing up to 40 pounds and to climb a ladder.
This is a full time, grant funded, one-year, benefits eligible position. Extension beyond one year is possible but not guaranteed. Benefits include vacation time, sick time, paid holidays, medical, dental, flex plan, and 403b retirement plan. To apply, email your cover letter and resume to Cristin Waterbury at firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications must be received no later than July 24, 2017.
More job opportunities in Iowa: