SUPERVISES: Administrative and functional supervision is exercised over assigned staff.
SUMMARY: Under general direction, plan, develop, direct and evaluate the College’s library services for students, faculty, staff and community.
Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities (include, but not limited to):
1.Supervise assigned staff members, including selection, performance management, professional development and succession planning in accordance with College policy and procedures.
2.Plan, develop and implement comprehensive, college-wide library services strategy; establish, implement, evaluate and modify department policies, procedures, and practices in accordance with College and academic library standards.
3.Plan, budget, and allocate capital, operational and human resources. Manage expenses.
4.Develop, evaluate and manage administration of library programs for WCTC students, faculty, staff and the public as well as instructional services for WCTC students, faculty and staff, requiring collaboration with people inside and outside of the College.
Click continue reading to learn more, apply, and discover more job opportunities in Wisconsin!
5.Manage the physical and electronic library space for maximum efficiency, accessibility and usability by students, faculty, staff and the community.
6.Advocate internally for, and promote usage of, the Student Enrichment Center in collaboration with academic program areas and other student support services.
7.Develop surveys, collect and analyze data to better understand the needs of students in the various work/study areas.
8.Serve as primary contact for issues concerning facilities, security and IT services within the physical areas of the Student Enrichment Center.
9.Assure the safe and accurate maintenance of all required records and documentation.
10.Serve on appropriate College community and state-wide committees and consortia.
11.Maintain current knowledge on trends and developments in the library field through professional organizations and meetings, workshops, literature and/or professional activities.
Knowledge, Skill, and Ability Requirements:
1. Thorough knowledge of professional library and education theory, principles, policies, practices and procedures.
2. Demonstrated ability to negotiate with vendors.
3. Knowledge of integrated library systems and print/electronic resources.
4. Ability to lead, plan, organize, prioritize and schedule activities.
5. Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing, including public speaking.
6. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with individuals from diverse socio-economic backgrounds.
7. Demonstrated ability to supervise and lead others in an administrative environment.
8. Knowledge and understanding of customer services philosophy.
Education and Experience Requirements:
1. Master’s degree in Library/Information Science from an ALA accredited university/college.
2. One year of experience designing literacy sessions and writing learning outcomes and assessments according to ACRL standards.
3. Three years of professional academic librarian experience.
4. Experience in post-secondary instruction.
The Director-Library Services supports Student Services and is available immediately.
This is a full-time, Management Level 7, 12-month per calendar year position. Hours are generally Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., but may vary due to coverage needs. Salary is listed at the 2017-2018 rates.
All internal applicants must attach the following to the completed on-line application for consideration, applications that do not have the required attachments will not be considered:
– Cover Letter
– Proof of Education (copy of your diploma or unofficial transcripts)
Selected candidates will be invited to interview tentatively scheduled for the week of July 24, 2017. Out of state candidates, or candidates more than 100 miles from WCTC can choose to attend, or will have an option to use Skype. All candidates who are invited to the second interview MUST be in person. Travel will be reimbursed up to $300.00 (for the second interview only).
More job opportunities in Wisconsin: