The Cape May County Library is a customer service oriented and forward-thinking library system looking for candidates for our full-time Circulation / Polaris Librarian position.
Do you want to be a positive presence in the lives of the people of Cape May County? Are you friendly, approachable, hardworking, and optimistic? Are you interested in working with an energetic and creative library staff?
If so, we encourage you to apply.
As a Circulation Librarian at the Cape May County Library, you would:
• Share your excitement for and knowledge of fiction, movies, music, ebooks and audiobooks with the library community
• Provide information and answer reference questions or redirect patrons to the appropriate department
• Help patrons with internet and printing needs
• Assist the desk staff with policy and procedures
• Create displays and other ways to connect the library’s collections to patrons
• Contribute to maintaining an active online presence through our library’s website and social media accounts
• Learn all about the library’s ILS, Polaris, and be backup for our Polaris manager
• Assist in maintaining the integrity of our library database
• Participate in committees, meetings and workshops inside the library and throughout the state
• Help keep our catalog useful, useable and interesting
• Perform collection management for selected sections of adult nonfiction
• Be part of the library’s continuous resolve to be an important, entertaining, nurturing and informative resource in the community
Our library system, 8 branches and a bookmobile, is located in Cape May County; an ideal spot for those who love nature. With close proximity to the Atlantic Ocean and the Delaware Bay, this vacation hotspot offers plenty of beach days, bird-watching, watersports and more.
• You love libraries and sharing your enthusiasm with others.
• You thrive in a collaborative working environment.
• You accept the joys and challenges of working with the public.
• You are enjoy change and looking toward the future.
• You are strongly committed to excellent customer service.
• You are comfortable learning and using new technology.
• You strive to make the library a welcoming place for everyone.
o Candidates should have an ALA accredited MLIS and should have, or be eligible for,
a New Jersey Public Librarian’s Certificate.
o You must live in or relocate to Cape May County upon hire.
o You must have a current valid driver’s license with no points or major violations in the past 5 years or minor violations in the past 3 years.
o You must be able and willing to drive a library vehicle.
Starting salary: $41,500
35 hours per week – hours include at least 1 night a week and 1 weekend a month on a crew
Health benefits include dental, prescription, & vision
12 vacation days per year (increase with years worked), 15 sick days per year, 3 personal days and 13 holidays per year.
How to Apply:
Please send a cover letter, resume, and reference contacts via email to: