Tisch Library at Tufts University is seeking an energetic, team-oriented librarian to provide leadership for and work collaboratively with a highly talented group of arts & humanities librarians in the Research & Instruction (R&I) department. R&I consists of three disciplinary teams (Sciences & Engineering, Social Sciences, and Arts & Humanities) and the Digital Design Studio, and is responsible for working with students, faculty, and staff to incorporate information, data, and digital literacy into the curriculum; designing and delivering course-based and open workshops; providing research consultation services; and developing new services and programs to support teaching, learning, research, and scholarship at Tufts.
Reporting to the Assistant Director, Research and Instruction, the Team Lead for Arts & Humanities provides leadership in the humanities by coordinating team efforts to support students and faculty in the School of Arts and Sciences. This position supervises the arts and humanities librarians, promoting collegiality, providing mentorship, and fostering a responsive and user-oriented team.
The Team Lead is responsible for conducting ongoing needs assessment and engagement with the community to develop and maintain a robust and integrated set of programs and activities that strengthen the library’s role in supporting teaching and research in the arts and humanities, including liaising with the W. Van Alan Clark, Jr., Library, which supports the School of Museum of Fine Arts, and the Lilly Library, which supports the Department of Music.
Collaborating with the Team Leads for Sciences & Engineering and Social Sciences and the Supervisor of the Digital Design Studio, this position will play a key role in supporting departmental strategic initiatives, including pedagogy, user experience, assessment, and outreach.
This position will provide coordination for the First Year Writing Program, working closely with faculty and other librarians to design, create, implement, teach, and assess student success with first-year information literacy, both in-person and in blended and online environments. The Team Lead will also provide outreach to and collaborate with key campus partners that support the first-year experience, including leadership in first-year orientation programs. As a participant in the library liaison program, this position will also provide liaison services to the English department, including instructional services, outreach, and collection development, as well as providing point-of-need reference assistance to the broader campus community.
Tufts University is student-centered research university that cultivates an environment of curiosity, creativity, and engagement. The Tisch Library is on the Medford/Somerville campus, just outside Cambridge, MA, and with proximity to all that the Boston Metro area has to offer.
• Master’s degree in Library/Information Science from an ALA-accredited program, or equivalent.
• Minimum of five years of experience working in an academic library.
• Experience with library research tools relevant to the arts and humanities.
• Experience teaching information literacy in an academic library or higher education setting.
• Demonstrated leadership ability.
• Knowledge and understanding of best practices, current issues, and trends in teaching information literacy skills and behaviors.
• Excellent interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills.
• Strong commitment to outstanding public service.
• Ability to thrive in a collaborative environment as well as take initiative on independent projects.
• Ability to work effectively with a culturally diverse community.
• Supervisory experience.
• Experience with instructional design.
• Experience with creating digital learning objects, tutorials, or modules using virtual instruction software (e.g. Jing, Camtasia, LibWizard, Guide on the Side).
• Demonstrated knowledge of trends, methods, and best practices in first-year student engagement and success.
• Experience with project management, including planning, communication, and assessment.
• Collection development experience.
Review of applications will begin August 18, 2017. Screening of applications will continue until the position is filled or the search is closed. http://jobs.hr.tufts.edu/%20%20Job%20Number:%2017001450