Your Future is here!
Fox News is committed to delivering news as it happens. We love what we do and we’re looking for passionate, talented people to help us lead, grow and achieve our goals. If your dream is to work in TV, joining the number one cable news network in America is the opportunity of a lifetime. You will work side-by-side with the best in a business and be part of a highly successful, dynamic team that has transformed the way people get their information.
Fox News is seeking a highly motivated and deadline driven Digital Media Librarian. This is a hybrid position with responsibilities for digital and tape assets, and with an emphasis on logging the Fox Movietone News and Fox News Service collections. You will research and ingest legacy video for production and sales purposes, select video for permanent archive, increase the value of video by shot-logging and adding appropriate metadata to all archived material, and make dubs for clients.
*This role requires working weekends, holidays, & late nights.*
A snapshot of your responsibilities:
- Research video as needed using in-house and external resources.
- Transfer media into digital system and provide consistent metadata information for ingested material.
- You will learn all functions of the dub room and provide dubs as needed
- You will select and annotate a large volume of media in our digital asset management system to facilitate retrieval for use in news production.
- Utilize various databases and the internet to organize and confirm the accuracy of metadata
- Catalog activities include screening video, shot listing, providing metadata, and indexing video
- You will video for archiving & rights issues and maintain quality control of archiving operations
- Shot logging videos
- Manage various projects as needed
- Two or more years of professional news library experience.
- Prior television production experience strongly preferred.
- Knowledge of Ardome digital asset management system and iNews production application preferred.
- Excellent knowledge of, and interest in, history, current events and news personalities.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Excellent computer skills including typing, online searching, and database experience.
- Proficient in all Microsoft Office applications.
- Ability to learn all aspects of digital and tape libraries.