Program Administrator Position
Job type: Full time
Telecommute: Partial (up to two days per week)
Location: Washington, DC
Desired start date: September 2017
Salary range: Approximately $50,000, depending on qualifications and experience
The Council on Library and Information Resources is looking for a Program Administrator to work with us in our Washington, DC office. The Program Administrator holds administrative responsibilities for a variety of CLIR’s grant-making and fellowship programs, and works in close partnership with program staff.
CLIR seeks candidates who enjoy detail-oriented work, and can initiate and complete tasks independently and reliably with minimal supervision. This position includes interaction with a wide variety of CLIR constituents, such as sponsors, grantees, applicants, and funders, and is ideal for someone comfortable interacting collegially with others from a variety of age groups, ethnicities, and cultural, socio-economic and career backgrounds.
- working with colleagues on the application and review processes for several of CLIR’s programs, including managing the online application system, creating forms, responding to applicant queries, reviewing proposals received for compliance with program guidelines, and generating reports for program staff and review panelists;
- communicating with applicants on their proposals’ progress, including working with applicants to obtain revisions or additional information as needed, notifying unsuccessful applicants and providing reviewer feedback, and working with successful applicants to finalize awards;
- monitoring grants and fellowships awarded, including sending report reminders and tracking reporting compliance, reviewing reports for conformance with program guidelines, and ensuring records and files are kept current; and
- working with program staff on proposals and reports for senior staff, board members, and funders, including providing information in a variety of formats (e.g. spreadsheets, charts, narrative text) and compiling and formatting report documents.
- At least three years of administrative office experience
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, and Adobe Acrobat
- Experience with databases and data management
- Excellent communication skills, both in person and in writing
- Ability to follow through on assigned tasks and work both as part of a team and independently; a motivated self-starter
- Interest in program administration and management
- Experience with online content management systems
- Experience working in non-profits and/or higher education
- Experience with official communications
Salary and Benefits
Salary is approximately $50,000, depending on qualifications and experience. CLIR offers a generous benefits package including:
- a 15% no-match contribution to a TIAA-CREF defined contribution retirement plan;
- employer-paid employee health insurance, including an annual HSA contribution;
- vacation and sick leave of 20 and 10 days respectively, accrued annually; and
- eight paid holidays plus holiday time off during the period between Christmas Eve and New Year’s Day, when CLIR’s offices are closed.
CLIR’s offices are located in downtown Washington, DC, less than a block from the Farragut North station on Metro’s Red Line.
CLIR is an independent, nonprofit organization that forges strategies to enhance research, teaching, and learning environments in collaboration with libraries, cultural institutions, and communities of higher learning.