Under the supervision of the Art and Architecture Library Assistant, provides circulation and reference support, assisting users with checking out and locating library materials. Oversees shelving and provides collection management support. Manages print architectural drawings collection.
– Experience working in a public service capacity (in a highly public visible environment)
– Experience in Windows-based computer environment and data entry
– Experience in interpreting and explaining library policies to university members and the general public
– Experience using library resources (books, periodicals, reserves, print architectural drawing, etc.) and services (circulation, reference and back up for closing of library).
– Ability to work effectively in a team environment
– Experience working with an integrated library system
– Knowledge of research library environment
– Experience working with architectural drawings
– Experience supervising student workers
Employment Conditions: Alternate work schedule – If other than M-F, 8-5 please describe below
Must have a conviction check: Yes
M-F between the hours of 1-5 PM, average of 20-25 hours. Occasional nights and weekends may be required. (These hours include school breaks and summers)
How to Apply for this Job:
Interested applicants should complete an online application at http://www.jobs.vt.edu, posting #SW0170692.
Employee Category: Hourly Wage Staff, limited to 1500 hrs/year
Appointment Type: Temp, non-salaried wage
If restricted or temporary, enter end date:
FLSA Status: Non-exempt: Eligible for overtime
Academic Year or Calendar Year: Calendar Year
Percent Employment: Part-time
If part time, enter Percent Time:
Pay Band: 3
Pay Range: $15.00/hr
Work Location: Blacksburg
Location, if not Blacksburg:
Location Zip Code: 24061
Work Schedule: M-F between the hours of 1-5 PM, Occasional nights and weekends may be required.
Posting Date: 08/28/2017
Review Begin Date: 09/11/2017
Job Close Date: 09/11/2017
Restricted to university employees only? No
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Statement:
Virginia Tech does not discriminate against employees, students, or applicants on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, genetic information, or veteran status; or otherwise discriminate against employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees, or applicants; or any other basis protected by law.
For inquiries regarding non-discrimination policies, contact the executive director for Equity and Access at 540-231-2010 or Virginia Tech, North End Center, Suite 2300 (0318), 300 Turner St. NW, Blacksburg, VA 24061.