Link to job posting. To work under the supervision of the Curator of Visual Resources, providing computer and technological support to the Visual Resource Center and the Department of Art History, including maintenance, troubleshooting, and classroom support. Advertisements Continue reading Hanover, NH: Assistant Curator of Visual Resources, Dartmouth College
Join our ground breaking, VISN 1 Knowledge Library Team!
We’re looking for 2 terrific, energetic, librarians to join our clinical librarian team one in Boston and one in Augusta, Maine.
The Digital Platforms Specialist is responsible for the day-to-day management of the collections database and digital assets management system, as well as other digital platforms, and contributes to the digitization of the collection.
Skills & Knowledge
• Working knowledge of digital asset management systems, collections databases, and website development tools.
• Excellent written and spoken communication skills, including the ability to collaborate with staff at all levels across the institution, and with outside organizations and vendors.
• Excellent working knowledge of Adobe Photoshop and basic HTML.
• Thorough working knowledge of current digital archiving standards and best practices, including file naming, metadata standards and workflows, and file formats for still and video assets.
• Thorough understanding of digital still image file creation, including image size, bit depth, color profiling, image resolution, and compression.
• Excellent attention to detail and follow-up skills.
• Ability to work under multiple deadlines.
• Commitment to diversity and to serving the needs of a diverse community.
Associate Librarian for Digital Strategies
Dartmouth College Library seeks an innovative, creative, and forward-thinking leader for the new role of Associate Librarian for Digital Strategies (“Associate Librarian”). The Associate Librarian will have the opportunity to lead the development and implementation of an overarching digital strategy for the Library in close collaboration with and ever-mindful of the students and faculty whom the Library serves. The Associate Librarian will seek to have impact beyond the Library and even beyond the campus by helping to enrich and deepen connections between researchers and innovators, and by embracing the role of the Library in making available and preserving digital knowledge for all. S/he will identify and prioritize the tools, partnerships, and approaches that will most powerfully advance the teaching, learning, and research mission of Dartmouth in the largest sense. S/he will also seek to ensure that these resources are readily accessible to and useable by those who wish to use them. Finally, the Associate Librarian will also play a critical external role by establishing effective networks regionally, nationally, and globally to explore new partnerships, resources, and initiatives that support the Library’s strategic mission.
Manage day-to-day operations of library digitization projects including setting priorities, evaluating project feasibility, maintaining workflow, standards compliance,and quality control. Recommend innovations and best practices in digital collections development. Contribute to policy development and document procedures for digitization workflow, and maintain data on productivity for cost analysis.Contribute to preparation of grant proposals for digital projects.