Comprehensive research university library at America’s creative crossroads in an affordable and vibrant city, seeks candidates with energy, creativity, flexibility, and strong communication skills for the position of Health Sciences Scholarly Communications Relations Librarian in the UMKC University Libraries, Health Sciences campus.
The Health Sciences Scholarly Communications Relations Librarian provides support for research and scholarly communications for the Health Sciences and Dental Libraries and outreach/promotional services for the Dental Library. Primary responsibilities include:
* In conjunction with University Libraries’ Director of Scholarly Communications, develop and implement a scholarly communications program at the Hospital Hill Libraries.
* Provide support to faculty in retaining copyrights and understanding the use of copyrighted materials.
* Develop and deliver programs that expand the Hospital Hill Libraries’ community’s awareness of mainstream and alternative publishing and emerging scholarly expression mediums including the University’s institutional repository, MOspace; open access publishing; and copyright compliance.
* Participate in the development of data curation strategies and processes.
* Seek grant support for scholarly communications initiatives.
* Develop, promote, implement and assess Dental Library outreach efforts including services, programs, exhibits, and events to all members of the Dental Library community.
* Share with other Dental Library staff members in staffing the Reference/Main Services desk providing ready reference and circulation services. Continue reading
The Rolfing Memorial Library at Trinity International University seeks an astute, organized, and collaborative librarian who is enthusiastic about serving in a Christian higher education environment. The Collection Management Librarian manages our book and ebook collections, including acquisitions, cataloging, access, processing, and promotion. The CML supervises part-time collection management staff and interacts regularly with library staff, students, and vendors. This position reports to the Head of Technical Services.
To apply, please go to www.tiu.edu/hr. Click on Faculty and Staff openings. Select the Collection Management Librarian posting and click on Apply to set up a profile in ADP and fill out the application. Please use either Internet Explorer or Firefox. For additional questions, contact the Head of Technical Services, Rebekah Luken @ firstname.lastname@example.org or 847-317-4007.
Boutique national consulting firm, based in Madison, WI is looking for assistance on a short-term project to analyze data from a 15 open-ended question survey monkey survey of 70 respondents. There are 4 sub-groups. Deliverables are a summary report and analysis of each sub-group. Urgent project, deadline for deliverable September 1, 2015. Anticipated 10-15 hours of work.
Contact Mary Stelletello, email@example.com
The mission of the Office of the Secretary of State is to exceed the expectations of our customers, the taxpayers, by operating at the highest levels of accuracy, cost-effectiveness, and accountability in a customer-centered environment.
An employee in this classification performs professional and technical library work in a variety of assignments. The assistant director is responsible for knowing the libraries in his/her region, developing an intimate understanding of their history, programs and services, goals, strengths and weaknesses. The assistant director is expected to develop strong business relationships with key personnel at each local library, to be accessible, and to provide guidance and advice to board members and library managers. The assistant director assists library boards in policy development and planning; works with local government officials and local library support groups to promote advocacy and awareness; and aids local library directors and staff by providing training, assistance and advice in all areas of public library service. The assistant director also assists libraries in the region with applying for grants and by serving as a technical advisor for issues related to use of technology in libraries. The employee will be expected to travel throughout the region and to attend meetings and training programs at the State Library and Archives in Nashville or in other areas of the state. Continue reading