Link to job posting. Application Deadline: May 10, 2018 Advertisements Continue reading Pierre, SD: Digital Archivist, South Dakota State Historical Society
South Dakota State Library, Pierre, South Dakota – Children and Youth Services Coordinator
The South Dakota State Library has an open position for their Children and Youth Services Coordinator. The successful candidate will administers a state library program through planning, implementation, and coordination with other library programs; public or school libraries, agencies, or states; and provides consultative services to South Dakota libraries in the areas of development and operations to ensure the effective delivery of library services and the accomplishment of the goals and objectives of the program. This Senior Librarian works with other librarians at the State Library and specifically oversees the children and youth services area.
The Ideal Candidate Will Have:
A bachelor’s degree required; library experience and/or coursework preferred; master’s degree in library and information science (MLS) preferred.
21st century library trends, technology, and innovation, best practices, policy and procedure writing, early literacy, children and youth physical and cognitive development, youth services, children and youth literature, social media, information literacy, knowledge of generational and multicultural issues and multi-literacy skills.
South Dakota State University’s Hilton M. Briggs Library welcomes applications for the position of Digital Initiatives Coordinator.
- Identifying, prioritizing, and managing workflows of collections to be digitized.
- Complying with standards, regulations, and laws.
- Maintaining partnerships with entities such as the Digital Library of South Dakota and the Digital Public Library of America.
- Developing and implementing workflows for the selection, acquisition, arrangement, description, preservation, and accessibility of the University’s digital assets for the University Archives.
- Contributing to and implementing policies and workflows for long-term sustainability of the University’s records management.
- Obtaining external funding to support digitization.
- Growing SDSU’s digital collections and assuring a quality user experience.
- Providing outreach and communication, including the management of the Archives and Special Collections website and social media.
Link to job posting. Open until filled. Continue reading Pierre, SD: School Library & Technology Coordinator, South Dakota State Library